Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Missing lightmaping features?

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by topofsteel, Mar 2, 2015.

1. topofsteel

topofsteel

There are a couple of things I wish would make it back into the lighting interface...

How long the last bake took - I often start it before I leave or go to bed. I need to know how long it took incase I need to do it again at some point when I'm short on time.

Clear Lightmaps - If I used baked only lights and I need to adjust them, how do I clear the lightmaps so I can adjust the lights? Currently I turn off baked and re-build. Is there a better way?

Bake selected - This may be happening automatically in part with the cashing by only baking what has changed. But sometimes I only want to bake a small portion to see how my settings look. The forthcoming vray preview or whatever may be the solution to that.

Excluding processor threads - OK, this was actually in Lightmap Extended, but I really miss it. I need to be able to use my computer for other things while it's churning out lightmap data. It's tricky even browsing the internet not to mention modeling or texturing in another program.

2. Jaimi

Jaimi

To clear the light maps, go to Preferences, and clear the GL Cache.

I think light mapping is still a work in progress.

3. KEngelstoft

KEngelstoft

Unity Technologies

- How long the last bake took, we will add this back at some point (I have added this to our TODO list)

- Clear Lightmaps, you can do this by using the dropdown by the Build button in the Lighting window (with the additional benefit of not wiping the GI Cache)

- Bake selected, not likely to happen anytime soon. As you wrote yourself, PowerVR raytracing is likely to fix this.

- Excluding processor threads, noted.