Search Unity

Missing files for unity packages

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by waskithebest_unity, Sep 12, 2018.

1. waskithebest_unity

waskithebest_unity

Hello there,

I got this error :
    "
    DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\Users\�ukasz W�sierski\AppData\Local\Unity\cache\packages\packages.unity.com\com.unity.render-pipelines.core@3.0.0-preview\CoreRP\Utilities\CoreUtils.cs".
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/FileStream.cs:292)
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
    System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/File.cs:358)
    UnityEditor.Scripting.APIUpdaterHelper.FindTypeMatchingMovedTypeBasedOnNamespaceFromError (IEnumerable`1 lines) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Scripting/APIUpdaterHelper.cs:305)
    UnityEditor.Scripting.APIUpdaterHelper.IsReferenceToTypeWithChangedNamespace (System.String normalizedErrorMessage) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Scripting/APIUpdaterHelper.cs:48)
    "

The file (CoreUtils.cs) exists.

I assume that the problem is with part of the path "..\�ukasz W�sierski\.."
    Is there any way to change the place where the packages will land?

thanks,

Łukasz

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    TheSlate likes this.
  2. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi.

I don't know whether you can change the package cache location but I am interested in understanding why we are failing to find the directory.

Do you have any special chars in the positions reported as � ?

Also, this error is harmless in most cases (it will only prevent the APIUpdater to run in some very specific cases). Is it blocking you somehow ?

Best

Adriano