Search Unity

Missing executable after upgrade.

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by hansr, Sep 19, 2019.

1. hansr

hansr

I've been struggeling with this issue since the introduction of Unity Hub. EVERY time there is a upgrade and I'm asked to restart the Unity Hub, it installs the update and in the process removes the executable. So the last step "Launch Unity HUB" is checked, but I'm greeted with an error about the link pointing to a missing exe. And the previous desktop shortcut doesnt work due to the same issue.

I've tried uninstalling and purging temp files, directories, registry etc to see if a complete reinstall solves the issue, but no. Every upgrade ends the same way i.e. missing exe and I need to download the Unity Hub manually.

2. unity_shelley_sh

unity_shelley_sh

Unity Technologies

Hi @hansr, would you be able to give us a copy of your logs, your OS platform version or any information that could help us look into this? Thank you.

3. hansr

hansr

I'd be happy to, just tell me which logs you need.
    As far as platform, its Windows 10 Pro x64. Cisco AMP for Endpoints is the AV. And regarding Unity Hub version its all of them. The only "solution" right now is to reinstall Unity Hub instead of upgrading, as the later option always ends up with a missing exe.

4. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    You can find your logs in %UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub\logs

5. hansr

hansr

So I tried updating from within the Unity Hub today, same issue (missing .exe-files). The setup end with asking if a shortcut shout be removed because the target is missing. The desktop icon is still there, but clicking it brings up the same missing target dialog asking if it should be removed.

Attaching zip'd logs.

Attached Files:

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Where did you install the Hub? The update is automatically installed on the C drive if the installer cannot find the previous version.

7. hansr

hansr

In my case I installed it in the default location, which would be C:\Program Files\Unity Hub

But I would also assume that Unity Hub should be able to update itself no matter where its been installed.

8. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hi again,
    Well, looking at your logs, the download is working fine,
    Code (CSharp):
    1. {"moduleName":"AutoUpdater:EventHandler","level":"info","message":"[ 'Update downloaded: 2.1.3 C:\\\\Users\\\\hans.ronnback\\\\AppData\\\\Roaming\\\\UnityHub\\\\__update__\\\\UnityHubSetup.exe' ]","timestamp":"2019-10-23T22:34:47.175Z"}
    But then you get the error
    Code (CSharp):
    1. 'Access token is expired, attempting to get a new one with refresh token'
    It may be you license is expired or you are using development mode on your machine. Try setting this env variable NODE_TLS_REJECT_UNAUTHORIZED='0'. If you still experience the same issue for the next hub release, please log a bug through the bug reporter so our QA can dig more into it.