Search Unity

Missing documentation : Animator

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by liszto, Nov 13, 2013.

1. liszto

liszto

Hi,
    I just want to notify to the Unity Staff at least one documentation page is missing :

- Animator.CrossFade is empty. In release note you talk about Animator.GoToState but in the final release, you have replace this function by Animator.Play Animator.CrossFade. (Thx to "Pierre-Paul Giroux" for all the hint during my beta session :D ).

- ??.AnimationSet seems to be totally missing from the documentation.

- Animator.SetTrigger seems to have no documentation too. Maybe it's its new name for an oldest function present in the release notes ? It's the same for all Trigger functions.

MISSING DOCUMENTATION DEFINITIONS

################## Animator ##################

================ Properties =============

Animator.hasRootMotion (allow user to know if the parameter has been checked in the Animator editor // read-only)
    Animator.hasTransformHierarchy (allow user to know if the parameter has been checked in the Animator editor // read-only)
    Animator.isOptimizable (read-only)

================ Functions =============

Animator.Play ( Equivalent to GoToState in Unity 4.3 beta )
    Animator.CrossFade ( Equivalent to GoToState in Unity 4.3 beta )
    Animator.ResetTrigger
    Animator.SetTrigger
    Animator.Update

Probably in Animator class too :

Animator.AnimationSet (must be an older function) cause no completion in Mono, no function name or definition in documentation.

BROKEN LINKS

In Social page this link "Social API Reference Manual" is broken.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  2. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

Also, 'AnimationSet' is mentioned in the release notes, yet I can find any info on where it is and how to use it. Anyone?

3. liszto

liszto

I add your request to the list.

I will try to keep this list updated with new missing functions or properties definitions (and do a note when the problem has been solved @ Unity ).

Ok your page is missing I find a link to this AnimationSet class here : AnimationClipPair

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  4. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

I see, thank you. Maybe I'll try refractornig to digg up more info

5. Nicolas-Liatti

Nicolas-Liatti

It seems the Event system is not documented neither. It still says "High on our roadmap" in the documentation.

Can someone from the beta explains how it works?

6. andeeeee

andeeeee

Unfortunately, it seems that a few things slipped through the net with the Animator docs for this release. We do actually have a system to detect undocumented API functions but it appears something went wrong with this. Anyway, the docs team are on this now and we'll get the missing pages added as quickly as we can. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

7. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

Is the best way to report the missing / incomplete pages in the documentation still the bug reporter?

8. DarkMarmot

DarkMarmot

I'm just trying to learn the animation system for 2d sprites image swap animations -- and having trouble finding a good resource -- anyone know any decent docs/tutorials for that specifically?

Thanks,
    SCott

9. liszto

liszto

@andeeeee Thanks !

10. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

Hey, I don't mind that docs are missing, but I just wonder where that AnimationSet mentioned in updates news is hidden, under what class? Its mentioned several times and that is odd that I still can't find it

11. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Yes.

12. DriesVienne

DriesVienne

Just as RyuMaster, I tried locating animationSet.
    The AnimatorOverrideController mentions Animator.animationSet, but I did not find the function in the Animator Class.
    I did find AnimationClipPair, but cannot found out where it is used.

Can we get some info on where to find the function while the docs are still beeing updated?
    Our team upgraded to 4.3 primarily for this function.
    Greetings

13. TonyLi

TonyLi

Am I missing something about RuntimeAnimatorController? The docs say: "This class is deprecated, RuntimeAnimationController should be used." But I can't find anything about RuntimeAnimationController.

14. Whippets

Whippets

Ditto. Even Google hasn't heard of RuntimeAnimationController... Some docs would be really handy, as mecanim isn't much use without script control/access

15. lloydhooson

lloydhooson

any news on this?

16. andeeeee

andeeeee

The missing docs have now been added and will be available with the next release. However, animationSet appears to be a bit of vapourware - it was probably planned but then removed during the beta period.