Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Missing DLL when running on iOS

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by km30, Aug 9, 2018.

1. km30

km30

Hello,

I am getting an extremely persistent error regarding by a .DLL required by an imported package (the Steam Audio Spatializer). My experience with this is fairly low and I haven't been able to find anything using the search function.

Things run fine in the editor, and build to XCode and then iOS successfully, but upon running the app, this is happening in Xcode debug window:

"
    DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'phonon': The specified module could not be found.

at SteamAudio.PhononCore.iplCreateContext

"

I imagine this must be a common sort of problem, but I've not been able to figure it out. That phonon.dll file exists in the Unity project, but for some reason it doesn't get picked up when the project is built to XCode, and I can't figure out how to add it in XCode in a way that makes the error go away. I also turned off the "stripping" which I thought might be removing the DLL during the build process.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

david-mal likes this.
  2. samizzo

samizzo

The Steam Audio API doesn't support iOS according to the docs.

Sam

3. km30

km30

I swear I remember having gotten it working in the past, but it has been a while and I could be mistaken. Sigh.