Search Unity

Feature Request Missing custom postprocess injection point in HD Render Pipeline

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Blade_Master_2020, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Blade_Master_2020

Blade_Master_2020

"Hi,
    I'm the publisher of the HBAO asset available on the store.Right now, there's a big downside with HBAO (or any "custom" SSAO solution) in HDRP: it renders after atmospheric scattering which is not good at all.This is not the first some of my customers are asking for this, and each time I need to provide manual changes to HDRenderPipeline.cs to make it work properly: this is not good at all...

So I'm just asking a new injection point to be available for custom post-processes: BeforeOpaqueAtmosphericScattering

Thank you very much! "

Original thread: https://forum.unity.com/threads/mis...nt-in-hd-render-pipeline.979803/#post-6364893

I'm the user of this great asset, but I can't make this asset work with the build-in volumetric fog of HDRP. the publisher of this asset provide a method to modify the HighDifinationRP.cs, but with no luck, Unity 2020,2021 will override any modifications of this file. so I'm here seeking for help and trying to have Unity team's attention.

All we need is a new injection point to be available for custom post-processes: BeforeOpaqueAtmosphericScattering.

Best regards.

HBAO works like this:
    4.png

It should works like the build-in AO :
    3.png

sarayel likes this.