Search Unity

Missing components in the "add components" menu

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by MarkFaasen, Aug 2, 2019.

1. MarkFaasen

MarkFaasen

Hello guys,
    so i just watched some tutorials and try to follow the steps, but i cant proceed since i cant find some component overrides for example anything fog related... (screenshot). I should be able to add volumetric fog or even another exponential fog right? Im not sure but i think im missing some other overrides too. Im not really sure how to address this issue or even google it (missing syntax).
    Does anyone have an idea?
    Unbenannt.png

2. It is highly recommended to use the same version and setup (packages, etc) what the tutorial uses. Are you sure this tutorial uses the same version you have in the screenshot?

3. MarkFaasen

MarkFaasen

the version i used is not the same (but close), and i checked that all Packages are present. But my main problem here is, that the Scene Settings Object has a exponential Fog component (see screenshot), but i cant add one. See, i can tweak this component, remove it, but i cant add it back again because it doesnt show up at all

4. MarkFaasen

MarkFaasen

I just found my problem... i was clicking "Add Component" instead of add "Add Component Override" or "Add Override"....