Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Missing components in Animation Property Window bug.

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by SpookyCat, Jan 23, 2016.

1. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

I am trying to use the Unity Animation window to animate some values on components added to an object, but when I click the 'Add Property' button and the list opens up showing what I can select it only ever shows the first script component added to an object so it is impossible to animate anything in a second or third custom script on the object, all the other Unity components show up but it seems Unity is only bothering to find or show the first monobehaviour. Is this a know bug? Is there something I am missing? Is there a workaround? This used to work fine in Unity 3 and 4 but in 5 it doesn't and the same in 5.4.

2. AlteredPlanets

AlteredPlanets

I have this issue as well, also its good to see lot more asset store developers testing the beta now....

3. simonbz

simonbz

Unity Technologies

Hi,

The issue has already been reported to us and the fix will be available in 5.4.

http://issuetracker.unity3d.com/iss...mponents-cant-be-animated-in-animation-window

This bug is strictly a ui issue, and you should still be able to animate several MonoBehaviour. As a workaround, you can enable the recording in the animation window and then change the value of the property you want to animate to add it to the current clip.

Cheers,
    Simon BZ

4. Sycobob

Sycobob

Will this fix be patched into previous versions, namely the 5.3.2 branch?