Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Missing Component Exception

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by kilgore, Jun 12, 2009.

1. kilgore

kilgore

Hello,

I have run into an issue when trying to call a sound on a mouse click of a GUI button. I am getting "MissingComponentException" error from the line that calls the audio. I have attached the audio to the AudioClip variable multiple times and even have this audio call and audio clip working in another scene. I have also tried detaching and reattaching the script to my Camera and restarting Unity with no success. Posted below is the code I am using, the audio is being called in the loadIntro() function at the bottom. Thank you.

Andrew

Code (csharp):
    2. var directionsTxt : Texture2D;
    3. var directionsWidth : int = 1024;
    4. var directionsHeight : int = 768;
    6. var exitDownSound: AudioClip;
    8. private var isLoading = false;
    10. function OnGUI(){
    11.     if(gSkin){
    12.         GUI.skin = gSkin;
    13.     }else{
    14.         Debug.Log("startMenuGUI: GUI Skin object missing!");
    15.     }
    17.     var backgroundStyle : GUIStyle = new GUIStyle();
    19.     backgroundStyle.normal.background = backdrop;
    21.     var directionsStyle : GUIStyle = new GUIStyle();
    22.     directionsStyle.normal.background = directionsTxt;
    24.     GUI.Label(Rect(0, 0, Screen.width, Screen.height), "", backgroundStyle);
    25.     GUI.Box(Rect(Screen.width/2 - directionsWidth/2,Screen.height/2 - directionsHeight/2, directionsWidth, directionsHeight), "", directionsStyle);
    26.     GUI.Label(Rect(0, 20, 600, 100), "", "directionsMenuTitle");
    30.     if(GUI.Button(Rect(Screen.width*0.5 - buttonWidths/2, Screen.height - 80, buttonWidths, 70), "exit")){
    31.         isLoading = true;
    32.         loadIntro();
    33.     }
    35.     if(isLoading){
    36.         GUI.Label(Rect((Screen.width*0.5)-110, (Screen.height*0.5)-60, 400, 70), "Loading...", "directionsMenuTitle");
    37.     }
    38. }
    39. function loadIntro(){
    40.     audio.PlayOneShot(exitDownSound);
    41.     yield WaitForSeconds(2);
    42.     Application.LoadLevel("intro");
    43. }
    45. @script ExecuteInEditMode()
    [/code]

2. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Forgive me if I'm missing something but the error is pretty darn clear. :) Add an audio source component, just like the error says to if you want to do things like call audio.PlayOneShot().

Select the game object and then go to Component > Audio > Audio Source to add that component.

3. kilgore

kilgore

Yeah of course I took a stab at adding an Audio Source to the camera as soon as posted this to the forum. Somehow I managed to look in every corner of the Forums/Reference/3D Tutorial without taking a gander at Audio Source. Sorry bout that, still very new at this.
    Andrew

4. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Next time read the error, love the error, respond to the error! :p

Rock on and keep having fun!

5. xxCoDzPrOzxx_5

xxCoDzPrOzxx_5

Hello there,

I have run into an issue when trying to call an animator on a character for a game. I'm getting a "MissingComponentException" error from the line that calls the animation movement for my character. I attached an animator onto my selected character, but it says it is not attached, but a script is trying to access it. Posted below will be some screen shots of my code, along with the components I used. Thank you. Script Animator.PNG CharScript 1.PNG CharScript 2.PNG CharScript 3.PNG CharScript 4.PNG