Search Unity

Question Missing characters in TextMeshPro

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Kojote, Nov 15, 2021.

1. Kojote

Kojote

Hi!

I'm translating my game and I'm having problems in Spanish, French and German.

I use the Alice-Regular font.

https://fonts.google.com/specimen/A...re! ÄÜöy&preview.text_type=custom&query=alice

The problem is that the font can display letters such as ä, ö and ü in German. However, these letters are not displayed in TMP.

The same problems with accents in Spanish and French. È, â and other letters are also not displayed in TMP.

Does anyone have an idea where the problem is?

Thanks!

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

The font file does indeed contains those characters.

As such, make sure these characters and glyphs are included in your font asset if it is static.

If the font asset is dynamic and the characters still do not show up, please provide me with an example of a string that you use to reference these characters where they don't show up.

Kojote likes this.
  3. Kojote

Kojote

I have found the problem. The character set was ASCII. If I use Extended ASCII, the missing characters are present.

4. vuthang

vuthang

I create font asset by arial font but many character not show. How I can fix this?

5. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

What characters do not show up?

BTW: Arial has a pretty limited character coverage. Ie. It mostly contains Latin characters.

vuthang likes this.
  6. vuthang

vuthang

Oh I am wrong. I need show character in Thai language and I think it missing but arial font not have this character. Thank for support!

Stephan_B likes this.
  7. bfaliuperspectives

bfaliuperspectives

This solved the problem for me.
    Choose Character Set : Extended ASCII when creating the font from Font Asset Creator.