Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Missing ceiling in unity and blue areas in my board

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by eddie barnz, May 28, 2013.

1. eddie barnz

eddie barnz

I have a problem every time I import a board that I made in maya to unity while walking through the board I see blue parts up a head until I get close and also when I look up it's blue too but I have a ceiling any help

2. UnLogick

UnLogick

I think a few screenshots would help illustrate what the problem is.

3. eddie barnz

eddie barnz

Ok I will

4. eddie barnz

eddie barnz

$Screen Shot 2013-05-28 at 6.55.30 PM.png see this is what i mean i have a ceiling and now my ceiling is blue and its blue if you look forward until you start moving then you can see the textures i made the room in maya and exported it using embedded media any help on why it blue and the ceiling is missing

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  5. coquifrogs

coquifrogs

I would check the camera clipping distance (near and far plane values). For the ceiling, it may be that in Maya it's rendered double sided but in Unity it's culling it from the direction you're looking at it.

6. eddie barnz

eddie barnz

Coqui frogs the problem is the same way I made the floor is the same way I made the ceiling but the floor shows up but not the ceiling for some reason and I'm only getting this blue view in game play mode in unity but in the top camera view everything is there so strange!!!

7. UnLogick

UnLogick

The blue color is the default camera background, so that essentially means you're not rendering anything here.

I think Frogs is right, the surfaces are probably facing away from the camera. It is common for 3D tools like Maya to render both sides of a wall, but in Unity we only render the front. Try opening your model in maya and flip the ceiling and then import it back into Unity. That should solve the problem.

8. LaneFox

LaneFox

9. eddie barnz

eddie barnz

unlogick i dont want to sound stupid but im a newbie so you mean i have to render the board whie its in unity and are there any tutorials that help with this problem or rendering in unity?

10. eddie barnz

eddie barnz

do i have to render in unity unlogick to get the blue to disappear im a newbie sorry for the questions?