Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Missing base SDK (with unity upgraded to 3,5,1)

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by jdebroy, Apr 12, 2012.

1. jdebroy

jdebroy

Hi,
    In a brand new mac, I installed xcode 4.3.1 and it works perfectly. Am new to mac too, but I quickly realized that every engine like Unity has the problem that Apple changed the location of xcode from /developer to /applications, and the ios sdk´s are now included on the xcode package. My mac never had any previous version of any developer tool, so now is completely standarized to the current apple structure.
    I use other developer engines and I have applied the corresponding fix or they have updated their installation to conform with Apple.

Having said that, I installed my unity/ios/android license with version 3.5.0 and until now nothing could be executed on the test device, or simulated. The error was the mentioned on other thread, about removing the splash screen. In that case, the app was built but it failed at runtime. I waited for the upgrade to 3,5,1, and last night installed it.

Now the problem is different: the project does not build on xcode and the error is "missing base sdk", followed by zillion messages related to it.

I would like to know if there is somewhere on the code where I can fix this. Basically to change the ios sdk location to the "inner files" of xcode package.
    I also recommend to Unity devs to have a completely new mac,without remaining bits of previous installations, and test the upgrades on it, because every new developer like me will have problems related to the new apple structure.

2. jdebroy

jdebroy

My bad... For some reason the xcode generated project insisted on keeping the unity settings, for sdk 4.1 which I don`t have installed. Compiled angrybots for 5.1 and it runs perfectly on the ipod touch 4g.