Search Unity

Missing 3D Layout option from Inspector for New Material

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Clandesdyne, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Clandesdyne

Clandesdyne

I'm working on creating a video skybox/panoramic to be experienced in VR. However, I'm missing an option that should be on the New Material Inspector window. This option is in all of the tutorials I've been watching/reading and is essential for videos that are shot in 3D. I've attached a screenshot of the item that should be there.

missingItem.jpg

If this has been changed in the newer versions of Unity, where can I find the setting to change so my videos will work properly? Any help is appreciated!

2. Valjuin

Valjuin

3. DuckStock

DuckStock

I am using the new xr settings and this no longer appears to be functional... Anybody have any insight here? (2019.3.10)

4. Andy3D

Andy3D

We are using the new XR toolkit, no legacy, and need to show 3D panoramic video content in our project. How do we enable the 3d Layout option 'Side by Side' for panoramic video content ?? This is crucial for our project. We have followed the advice to dump the old legacy route and embrace the new XR route... and the advice on this page https://forum.unity.com/threads/sky...ic-180-videos-with-the-new-xr-manager.855619/ suggests we simply re-enable Virtual Reality Support in the player. Wrong! In 2019.3.14f1 we cannot renable legacy Virtual Reality when XR is in use.
    Has anyone found a way, other than reverting back to legacy Oculus Utilities (please no....) ??

Unity... we need an answer on this. Its an absolute showstopper for our title.

eriakul likes this.
  5. eriakul

eriakul

Did you find a work around for this?

6. jinxed_byte

jinxed_byte

I have the same problem here.

7. jinxed_byte

jinxed_byte

8. limeforce

limeforce

The workaround above is probably the best way to go. If you need to change the values via a script for some reason, you can use:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. RenderSettings.skybox.SetFloat(("_Layout"), 2);

Full code file could be e.g. (to set 360 mode to Over/Under):
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    5. public class Set360Mode : MonoBehaviour
    6. {
    7.     // Start is called before the first frame update
    8.     void Start()
    9.     {
    10.         // [Enum(None, 0, Side by Side, 1, Over Under, 2)] _Layout("3D Layout", Float)
    11.         //print("Layout: " + RenderSettings.skybox.GetFloat("_Layout"));
    13.         // OVER UNDER (Stereo) = 2
    14.         RenderSettings.skybox.SetFloat(("_Layout"), 2);
    15.     }
    17.     // Update is called once per frame
    18.     void Update()
    19.     {
    21.     }
    22. }

9. bod

bod

I`m having the same issue with Unity2020.2.0f1 and Oculus 20.1 There is no 3D layout option on the material. Reverting to legacy Shaders is not the solution. There has to be a better way. .

Trekimann likes this.