Search Unity

Misc 'License Error' - Unity Hub 1.4

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by developersice, Jan 14, 2019.

1. developersice

developersice

Have had various issues with licenses and Unity Hub over the past few months, thought I'd go ahead and fix it by removing the license (.xcf or something) files from C:/ProgramData/Unity/ folder then starting Unity Hub again. I find myself stuck in some vicious License Activation loop where it can get stuck for ages on the 'Checking License' stage and often just showing a miscellaneous 'License Error' screen after activating. I think I'm actually stuck at this part now and can't use Hub properly!

This is on Unity Hub 1.4
    upload_2019-1-14_14-51-57.png

2. rob_ice

rob_ice

Managed to get around the License Error loop by closing Unity Hub then running it again as administrator - inputting the License key and it activated, however once the Unity Hub is closed and ran again (non-administator mode), this error shows on the opening of any Unity Project and the License .ulf file is deleted or moved from the ProgramData folder somehow?

Looking forward to using Unity Hub to manage versions but if these errors keep popping up when the Unity 2019 versions require the hub to be installed, we're pretty screwed!

upload_2019-1-14_15-1-34.png

3. joeksy

joeksy

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Unity license should be a .ulf file. You may rename the file to act as a backup to resolve the issue. After renaming or deleting the license file, try restart the Hub using "Quit Unity Hub" from the tray menu and start the Hub again.
    License files are at:
    - Windows: `C:\ProgramData\Unity\Unity_lic.ulf`
    - Mac: `Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Unity/Unity_lic.ulf`

Hope this helps. If a further issue is encountered, please report a bug using the "Report a Bug" from the tray menu.
    Thanks,

Joe

rob_ice likes this.
  4. rob_ice

rob_ice

Thanks for the suggestion, if this issue raises it's head again I will report through the tray menu

5. rob_ice

rob_ice

Hi Joe,

I've just raised a bug for this as this behaviour happens daily - Unity Hub seems to only be able to write the license file if it is launched in Administrator mode but running it in administrator mode brings unwanted behaviour where sometimes the hub cannot start Unity.exe instances.

6. Zlak

Zlak

In my case looks like license error was produced by character '&' in user name.