Search Unity

Third Party [MIRROR] [PLAYFAB] Mirror suddenly not syncing player movement

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by IncrediblyWalrus, Jan 9, 2023.

1. IncrediblyWalrus

IncrediblyWalrus

Hi,

For some reason, my players within my project of both Mirror / Playfab suddenly do not sync with their movements. They log in correctly, all fine, however, when I attempt to move a player it works locally.

Multiplayer wise, it does not.

Here is an example of this:

Here's also a screenshot of how my network transform looks:

8a2782cef6496c4e6999305d3b513cdc.png

I'm unsure on what I'm doing wrong here. It's connected with the same IP, using PlayFab for the server. It's connecting correctly, I *am* using the new Unity's input system, but I've disabled this in the players' prefab, and then enabled it again using OnStartAuthority.

If anybody has experienced this before please let me know, or if you would like more information do also let me know.

2. IncrediblyWalrus

IncrediblyWalrus

I thought I'd add onto this after some testing. It seems to work when I use the localhost feature built in with Mirror, so basically not connecting through the PlayFab IP.

When I connect via the playfabs' IP, it doesn't work at all and the player doesn't move.

3. IncrediblyWalrus

IncrediblyWalrus

RESOLVED.

Noticed my server wasn't properly listening to the ports on my Teleport component from Mirror.
    Fixed my networking file and it's now working properly, and taking server callbacks.

4. Sheikh_Ali

Sheikh_Ali

How did you solve the issue because same issue is happening with me?