Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Mirror in state doesn't mirror correctly

Discussion in 'Animation' started by ertsnom99, Aug 18, 2017.

1. ertsnom99

ertsnom99

Hi

I'm working on my game and the mirror option inside my state doesn't mirror my animation correctly. It looks a bit like it, both there are clear problems in the mirrored aniamtion, like the foot moving strangely and the root not having the logicaly correct rotation.

I tried making my character and animation both in 3Ds Max and Maya thinking that the problem might come from the 3D software, but either software doesn't make any difference.

When I uses animations made by Unity, it mirrors perfectly. This leads me to think that there's something that I shouldn't be doing when I'm animathing, but what?

If someone already had that kind of problem in the pass, your help would be greetly appreciated.

thanks

2. pixel_xyz

pixel_xyz

Same problem here.
    We updated from 5.6.1 to 2017.3 over the weekend. On friday we had mirrored states for the player's hands working fine in this way:
    One animation clip was used to drive the right hand behaviour, and the same animation range was duplicated (in the animation clips tab) and renamed as Left. Than this last one was dragged as a new state in the animator controller and mirrored by ticking on the checkbox in the state. On friday all the states working like this way were fine, on monday they were all broken. Any idea why? any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

3. PeteUnity3D

PeteUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Hi.

Could I check whether your characters using the Humoid rig or the Generic rig?

It's worth noting that the mirror toggle in the animation state is only applicable to humanoid animations (use the Humanoid rig) More details can be found HERE

4. Mandark

Mandark

Switching to Humanoid fixed our mirroring issues, thanks!

5. destrozates

destrozates

this still doesn't work if using looping animations. Any help?

Ex6tra likes this.
  6. Gikon

Gikon

This guy made a script to manually loop his animations so he could mirror the state at runtime:

7. Ex6tra

Ex6tra

Thanks! I didn't need to loop my animation and it was interrupting the mirroring until I saw your comment!