Search Unity

Third Party Mirror - Can't Connect to my Own Server

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by YBtheS, Jun 14, 2020.

1. YBtheS

YBtheS

A while back, I had no problem hosting and connecting to my own server using two instances of my game on the same computer. I use "localhost" as the IP. All of a sudden, when I try to connect to my own server I get this message:

Client Recv: failed to connect to ip=localhost port=7777 reason=System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Why is this and how do I fix it?

MilenaRocha likes this.
  2. mischa2k

mischa2k

Whatever the socket error says is always true.
    In your case, the server refused the connection.
    Check your firewall and open ports :)

mystifluent likes this.
  3. YBtheS

YBtheS

I've done that. Turning my firewall off yields the same results.

4. mischa2k

mischa2k

Then something else is refusing the connection :)

mystifluent likes this.
  5. YBtheS

YBtheS

Yah I figured, I just can't figure out what it would be.

6. mystifluent

mystifluent

Even i have the same problem... When i try to connect to my server (using mirror) in another pc, it does not show any result or it just goes back to the main menu !!

I have also turned off firewall, and the same internet on both pc's, but still no success =(
    I tried to adjust some setting of network HUD and network manager settings but no results.
    This is the error i get :-

Client Recv: failed to connect to ip=localhost port=7777 reason=System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

I dont understand this error, any help in fixing it would be nice !!

7. BUSSINFROG

BUSSINFROG

my problem is that the target machine actively refuses it i disabled firewall but still refused i can connect to my pc on a build and in editor but not on multiple computers... :-C

8. BUSSINFROG

BUSSINFROG

to fix this problem you need to put the IP of the other computer instead of the localhost and in the project settings the IP can be found in settings >> network and internet >> status >> properties >> IPv4 adress :)

9. HydrargyrumGames

HydrargyrumGames

To late for this, but Port 7777 seems to be having some issues on my device as well; I tried Port 8569 at random and it worked completely;

10. mmokhtar4444

mmokhtar4444

thank you HydrargyrumGames you helped alot !!!

11. r31o

r31o

Havent used mirror, but I guess that when you connect to "localhost" it connects to 127.0.0.1
    If it works like that, you cant connect to other computers using that. You said that both computers are on the same network, so you need the ipv4 of the computer you are connecting to.
    Again, I have never used mirror, but this is how it works on networking in general.

12. ikroz89

ikroz89

Having Same issue . Solution is simple just check out the ip address of Host machine and in client side replace local host with that ip address. for checking ip address command is ipconfig.