Search Unity

Resolved Mirror and Physics based Rooms (Matches)

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Obay_naeem, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Obay_naeem

Obay_naeem

hey guys
    am currently working on a online multiplayer game and I'm using mirror as network solution.

the game it self is rather simple ,it's a glass marble ball match whenever a player throws a ball he own and it collides with other players balls he become the owner of the ball he collides with.

the plan is to make a multiple matches that the server can handle separately ,
    but as i understood from mirror examples physics based rooms (or matches) should be on separate game server instances (copies of the mirror server application)
    " because as i understood although the players on a single match can't see or interact with other players from other match's (because of the network match component) all the players balls from all matches exits on the server in one place which lead to an unwanted problems (that's what I think at least)".

but mirror dose not support matchmaking like i describe
    and i can't figure out a way to do that on a remote machine(a dedicated server) containing my mirror server. can someone help to find a way to do that, and thanks .

2. vis2k

vis2k

Join our discord and talk to MrGadget.
    I think he talked about physics scenes for rooms before :)

3. Obay_naeem

Obay_naeem

i'll do that ,and thanks again very much for the great work on mirror:D

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021 at 5:59 PM
    vis2k likes this.
unityunity