Search Unity

Games Mirages of Winter - A poem about the coming of Spring (iOS) [Beta]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by martingoldschmid, Feb 2, 2020.

1. martingoldschmid

martingoldschmid

Hello all,

I am Martin Goldschmid, the art director on the game.
    The Mirari Games team and I want to present you the game we are working on.

Mirages of Winter is a beautiful game where you live (and play) in harmony with nature.

The project started 5 years ago and it took us 2 years to build its foundations : the universe and the lore and the game mechanics and design patterns (code).

We had a lot of setbacks and a few breakthroughs :) From the start, the idea was to create an adventure and a meaningful game, some kind of poem that you read and enjoy, something that will stay with you.

I wanted to make it for mobile devices because there are too few good and immersive adventure games out there. And I really like the immersion on mobile, that I discovered with Sword & Sorcery EP. It opened my mind to the possibility of creating a good game with some point & click mechanics.

After the first year of development, we transformed this first idea into a 5 minute short interactive story. From the start, the artistic direction was to create a world that is like a living painting. After months of much experimentation, the approach chosen was the simplest: make the game just like one would face a blank canvas. By layering thousands of digital brush strokes an amazing 3D landscape is formed; a rich scenery with rocks, water and life; an island with the depth of an ink painting.

Mirages of Winter is a poetic adventure

The game is a poem about the passing of winter to spring.

The story follows a fisherman living in an island during winter; living a simple life together with nature.

By following the fisherman’s footsteps, you will uncover the hidden beauty of winter and will open new paths towards spring.

We want to create an ultra immersive journey

An imaginary world where people can go to, with breathing landscapes, genuine characters, simple life activities and mythical creatures!

Mirages of Winter is part of a bigger ever-growing world which is composed of many places and islands to discover, all living through the seasonal cycles.

We hope the game will push people to enjoy the simple moments in life and make them cherish their connection with nature.

A soothing point & click game

After exploring beautiful sceneries, mesmerizing puzzle must be solved.

Everything in the game has a deep connection with the five elements : water, wood, fire, earth and metal.

With the element mechanic, you will bring out the elemental essence of objects and use them to solve puzzles.

Participate in the BETA !

Ask us for an invitation to participate in the BETA of Mirages of Winter !
    You just need an iPhone or an iPad.

Send us an e-mail at info@mirarigames.com
    or leave a comment bellow.

We would love to hear your thoughts on the game, its lore and design.

Thank you for taking the time to read about the game.
    Have a good journey !

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
    Mauri likes this.