Search Unity

Mirage Solo Memory Leak?

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by Justin-Wasilenko, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Justin-Wasilenko

Justin-Wasilenko

I have my game published on PlayStation 4, PC, Gear VR / Oculus Go, almost every VR system. I have been trying to bring it to Daydream and have a serious issue that only occurs on the Lenovo Mirage Solo.
    Trying my Samsung S8 and Daydream this issue does not occur.

I believe it to be a memory leak that is occurring and crashing the game. Logcat doesn't show any errors, the Profiler isn't showing total allocated memory increasing. Traces.txt doesn't show any errors.

But after letting the game run for a few minutes just sitting in the main menu screen the game will crash and reboot the whole system.

I have tried both Unity 2018.1.9f2 and Unity 2018.2.21 and I am using Google VR 1.190.1.

Has anyone else experienced this?

2. thep3000

thep3000

Unity Technologies

you can get a bit more info via android studio -- you can see if system memory is leaking there.

I don't think I heard of anyone else with a hard crash like this -- I've asked QA, they're going to see if they can repro.

Have you considered trying 2018.3?

3. Justin-Wasilenko

Justin-Wasilenko

Thanks for the quick reply @thep3000 I really appreciate it.

I tried taking the Hello VR demo scene to test and reproduce it but of course it doesn't happen there :(

I tired 2018.3 last week, but after it finished importing every single reference in every scene, and every prefab was missing / broken. So I cancelled that because I can't go in and set every reference for the entire game.

I haven't tried using android studio before for debugging but I can give it a shot.

4. thep3000

thep3000

Unity Technologies

5. Justin-Wasilenko

Justin-Wasilenko

Ok, checked it out here is a pic of the memory profile:
    https://imgur.com/UH28c7f

Allocations are going up, but the total memory never went past 1.2 gb. Although during this test, I also didn't experience the crash. Sometimes it doesn't happen. I can't recreate it 100% of the time, more like 5%. Which makes it even doubly frustrating.

I sent you a link to a Dropbox folder I sent to Rus at Google containing some info. The profiler data is from just before the crash happened.

ROBYER1 likes this.