Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Mira SDK - how to use gyroscope (compass?) info to control user lookat?

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by lbassanini, Mar 25, 2019.

1. lbassanini

lbassanini

I unsuccessfully tried to use Mira SDK in order to have user always look at the same part of my virtual scene when user looks (say) toward the geographic North. My goal is to make sure that always the same part of my virtual scene is observed by the user every time he or she (while wearing the Mira device (glasses)) rotates his/her head toward the geographic North, REGARDLESS of where user was looking at the beginning of the simulation (i.e. regardless of whether at the beginning user was looking toward south or east or west or some other direction). Currently I am having the problem that at start of simulation always the same part of the scene is observed by the user regardless of whether user is looking toward north, south, east or west or some other direction, so that when user rotates his/her head to point toward north then the part of the scene which user then observes depends on user's initial orientation while my goal is that this part of the scene looked at by the user always remains the same every time user looks toward north.

Is there a way to do this, and if so how (some C# code or pseudocode would be welcome)?

Thanks in advance!