Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Mipmap Texture Streaming debug view mode appears to be broken

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by Passeridae, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Passeridae

Passeridae

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi @passeridaepc,

Which render pipeline are you using and are you using ShaderGraph? Did this use to work in a previous version?

3. Passeridae

Passeridae

HDRP and ShaderGraph, yep. I also use Virtual Textures for some materials. But the VT team assured me that it can work along with the regular mip-map streaming system.

This is the first time I've enabled this system in the project, so I can't tell if it was functional before, sorry.

LeonhardP likes this.
  4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

After talking with the devs, the standard texture streaming setting in the Scene view settings is not supported in HDRP. There are dedicated debugging options in the Rendering Debugger, but unfortunately the debug view using the texture streaming option in these settings is HDRP lit/unlit only, and won't work with ShaderGraph.

The team will review the current multitude of debug settings and look into streamlining the UX around them.

5. Passeridae

Passeridae

I see, thanks!
    So it will be compatible with shadergrpah in the future?

6. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately, there are no concrete plans for this yet. I'd recommend you to submit a request for this here.

7. Passeridae

Passeridae

Thanks, submitted.
    From a user point of view, a not-broken debug view should go as a feature that works right out of the box, rather than something that should be specifically requested.

pwka and JoNax97 like this.
  8. djarcas

djarcas

It doesn't work with HDRP Lit either.

upload_2024-2-23_15-6-20.png