Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Minimum Unity Version That Comes With Vuforia 8.1.7

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by henriqueranj, Apr 11, 2019.

1. henriqueranj

henriqueranj

Hello, as I want to use the latest Vuforia 8.1.7 with Unity Cloud Build, I have to migrate my project to the Unity version that originally packages this Vuforia version.

I could not find any place that tells me this information without trial and error of installing Unity. Could Vuforia support tell me this? Or point out where I can see which Vuforia version comes packages in a Unity installation?

2. meedabit

meedabit

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello @henriqueranj,

You can see the version of the Vuforia Engine SDK packaged with a given Unity installation here:
    Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/VuforiaSupport/VuforiaResources/version

The numbers before the colon (":") indicate the SDK version: 8.1.7:cb98e851bdb1112067cef00e7855972f

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support

3. henriqueranj

henriqueranj

Hello @meedabit ,

Thanks for pointing out where I can see in the Editor files. However, is there a way to see this version number pre-installation?

4. meedabit

meedabit

Hello @henriqueranj,

Can you clarify if you mean before you install the Unity Editor via the Unity installer?

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support

5. henriqueranj

henriqueranj

Hello @meedabit , I was hoping for a way where I could see the Vuforia version that is packaged in an Unity installation via:
    - The Unity or Vuforia website (could be published in the Vuforia SDK release notes)
    - During the installation steps of Unity

(I understand the latter step is more in Unity's control, but I am still waiting for a better integration between Vuforia and Unity.)

6. meedabit

meedabit

Hello @henriqueranj,

Unfortunately, this can even be a black box for us here at Vuforia! Obvious to anyone who has used Vuforia for a long period of time, our releases schedules are not synchronized with Unity. Thus, we submit builds to Unity and have an *idea* as to which Vuforia SDK will be included in a given Editor release, but ultimately we have no control as it is Unity's product to release on their schedule.

I've seen some Unity Package Manager previews and believe that this will provide the visibility that you're looking for. Our goal is to be available in Pack Man for Unity 2019.1 with our next commercial release, and we're working hard to make that happen. The hope is too is that Unity Pack Man will also resolve our current Cloud Build issues (fingers crossed).

Apologies for the challenges and any inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support

7. henriqueranj

henriqueranj

The Vuforia integration with the Package Manager would be what I always wished for since Vuforia became so tightly coupled with the Unity installation. I hope you guys make it soon!

Thanks for the answers.

Best regards,
    Henrique