Search Unity

Minimum Specs Requirements and Recommended Specs

Discussion in 'FPS.Sample Game' started by lgraham04, Dec 4, 2018.

1. lgraham04

lgraham04

What are the Minimum Specs Requirements and Recommended Specs for the build of the game?

2. petera_unity

petera_unity

Unity Technologies

Currently we don't have a whole lot of effective ways to scale down the graphics, so you run with pretty 'high' settings. This means you need a quite powerful GPU, something like a GTX 970 or better. Of course if you play in lower resolution like 720p you can manage better.

There is always room for improvements and optimizations, but nothing beats actually stopping doing things altogether. So one of the most important steps towards a broader range of PCs is to have more/better gfx settings to chose from.

-Peter

rz_0lento likes this.
  3. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

I agree with @petera_unity with this. Scalability options are not only desperately needed for FPS Sample but for HDRP itself as well. This has to happen before HDRP can get more widely adopted because beyond consoles we have to support a wide range of hw on PC space. I personally hope that FPS Sample development can push this matter faster forwards (as it's probably easier to show/benchmark real world use cases with it).

Right now there's a lot of overhead you pay on HDRP for being able to do some fancier rendering feats. Even if you turn off all such feats you still pay some partial cost for computing some preliminary things for them. I know this is something HDRP team is working on but I don't think there's any public ETAs on these things appearing on stock HDRP.

As a side note, the official stance is that you should only pick one RP (LWRP/HDRP/legacy) and stick with it. So for HDRP to work it has to be able to scale down as well. For the time being, I still have a backup plan on swapping the render pipeline on low end computers in case Unity doesn't provide HDRP that scales down before I need to ship (but I really hope I don't have to go there as it means tons of extra work on pretty much everything).

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

The ability to optimise for a VR/mobile/switch target will basically yield all the optimisations HDRP would ever require, so I'm confident some good will come of these activities over time.

5. Pranav_Redstoneinvente

Pranav_Redstoneinvente

hi, is there a way to decrease the graphics for support to lower end PC's??? BTW, i downloaded the project but when i opened it, all scenes were blank.I tried the debug thing of reiporting, still nothing. Thanks

6. AggressiveMastery

AggressiveMastery

You can disable the added rendering pipelines within the game, via the options menu. You can also disable it within the editor and run at smaller scene view resolutions to increase FPS.

If the scenes are missing items, you may not have downloaded via Git LFS Clones correctly.

@Pranav1234