Search Unity

minimum spec of mobile devices for the viewer

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by Hyobin_MX, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Hyobin_MX

Hyobin_MX

Hi, I have a question on the viewer regarding the spec of mobile devices

I have modified the viewer a bit to implement a measuring feature : generating a distance between 2 points after drawing a line between the points. for this, I added a process that mesh colliders are added to every object in the model

I have tried on iPhone XS, iPad Pro 2nd gen, Galaxy J series, Oneplus 8 Pro

No performance issue on the iOS devices and Oneplus 8 Pro

but on the Galaxy J series, it was quite hard to use the AR mode

I believe the issue is due to the colliders I added first, and then maybe the spec of the phone itself is not enough for the viewer itself regarding loading the 3d objects

I haven't seen any specification on the minimum requirements on the mobile devices

is there any guidance for that?

2. DavidMenard

DavidMenard

Unity Technologies

Hey!
    We're currently going through the list of devices, testing all of them to see how it runs. Of course, performances will greatly vary depending on the dataset

Here's our preliminary list (subject to change, this is not final)

iOS

iPhone 8+, Ipad 6th Gen or better. I really recommend the iPad Pro or iPhone 12 for AR, because of the new LIDAR sensor on them. It helps a lot with tracking.

Android
    Galaxy Tab, Tab A 8, Pixel 4a or better.

For figuring out what actually takes time, you can use the profiler and connect it to the mobile device. You can also simply profile on PC and kind of extrapolate from there, though it's not always accurate.

3. Hyobin_MX

Hyobin_MX

Thank you for your answer, I will tell my client about this for them to switch their devices
    also, previously, on another post, you suggested me to send an email to you for the TestFlight invitation
    I sent an email to you. Would you please check it?

4. DavidMenard

DavidMenard

Unity Technologies

If they are going to replace their device, I really recommend the iPad Pro with Lidar :)
    I didn't see any emails, I'll check my junk folder. Could you resend it?

5. garrido86

garrido86

On my end the iPhone 6S runs buttery smooth (as it should since the A9 chip is still a beast 5 years later) while the Pixel 4a runs unfortunately what it feels like in the 15-20 FPS range.

6. DavidMenard

DavidMenard

Unity Technologies

I was never that much of an Apple Fanboy.... but the Ax devices really shine for Reflect :) I'm a believer!

garrido86 likes this.