Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Minimalist - LowPoly Flat/Gradient Shader

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Isfaq, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Klausology

Klausology

Would you have any plans to include a shader that would work with particle systems in the future?

2. OveRSoftware

OveRSoftware

Hello!

I've just install Minimalist full version package but textures are not loading, even in the TestMat.
    I created a black texture but doesn't work...
    I'm using Unity 2009.3.0f6

Best regards.

upload_2020-4-15_17-49-43.png

3. Isfaq

Isfaq

Please make sure that you are using Universal Render pipeline. Minimalist only supports URP in unity 2019.3 for now

OveRSoftware likes this.
  4. Isfaq

Isfaq

I'm sorry, I didn't plan for particle support, so I won't be able to work on it anytime soon.

Klausology likes this.
  5. StanleyBishopBlack

StanleyBishopBlack

Hey! I've installed free version (totally loving it so far) and looking to buy the full one.
    But the free version in unity 2019.3 works absolutely fine with standart (build-in) RP. Is it different for full version? Since I don't have any plans to switch to URP just yet.

Also, some of alternative flat lightning assets has some kind of custom fake lights, that work with flat shading. I would prefer your asset, but do you have any plans for this kind of lights in next half a year or so?
    It's not a necessity with this style, but it surely can help highlighting some parts of a scene.

Cheers :)

6. Isfaq

Isfaq

Hi, The full version only works on URP if you are using Unity 2019.3 for now. I'll be updating it to support the Built-in RP very soon.
    I don't have any immediate plans to add more features to the existing package. However, I have collected some user-requested features that I want to implement and upload as a separate package. Support for unity lights is included in the plan. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to release the version upgrade within this year. I'm currently working on another tool. you can check that out here. As soon as It's finished, I'll start working on the Minimalist upgrade.

7. Pump

Pump

Hi! I´ve have same problem. I´ve tested with the free version and after testing I buyed the full version (because it´s a really great shader! :) ). But I´m using 2019.3 & buit-in RP (and cannot change to URP)... so the purchase has been bit useless :(

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  8. Isfaq

Isfaq

Hi, I am really sorry to hear that. Please wait for the Assetstore Sale to end and I’ll update the package right away.

Pump likes this.
  9. StanleyBishopBlack

StanleyBishopBlack

That's actually really nice to know :)

Isfaq likes this.
  10. sky_dragon

sky_dragon

me either. Upgraded after trial. It turned out to be unusable (requires URP, and did not notice when buying). Hope to update, thank you

11. martire

martire

Hi :)
    I've imported Minimalist v.2.4.3 into an empty project (URP, 2019.3) but I'm getting only pink material. How can I solve this, please?
    Thanks!

12. Isfaq

Isfaq

Hi, I can think of two reasons for this
    1. URP is not setup correctly, in this case please check the graphics settings
    2. You have downloaded Minimalist from an older version of Unity than 2019.3, in this please delete the downloaded package and redownload from a 2019.3 editor

13. Isfaq

Isfaq

Minimalist has been updated for Unity 2019.3
    URP and BRP both are supported now.

Klausology likes this.
  14. Klausology

Klausology

Hello mate! I'm afraid I'm facing a terrible issue. The GPU instancing does not seem to be working. I created a blank project with nothing but 8 spheres on screen and have enabled GPU instancing. However, the spheres are not being instanced.

I have attached two screenshots illustrating my issue. Screenshot 1 shows 8 spheres using GPU instancing successfully when I used a basic mobile diffuse material. Screenshot 2 shows 8 spheres not using GPU instancing when I used the minimalist shader. I am using built-in render pipeline and am building for mobile platforms.

Please help me solve this issue as I am already 50% into my work and I really need the GPU instancing to work. Thank you!

Mat1.png Mat2.png

15. Isfaq

Isfaq

I am looking in to it and will let you know as soon as possible

16. Klausology

Klausology

Ahh alright, awesome! Thank you!

17. Isfaq

Isfaq

I have fixed the GPU instancing problem and I'll be uploading an update tomorrow. You will be able to download the update in 2-3 days.

18. Klausology

Klausology

Ahh thank you so very much for working so quickly to solve this issue! Will be looking forward to the update.

Isfaq likes this.
  19. Isfaq

Isfaq

The new version 2.4.6 is now available for unity 2019.3

20. Klausology

Klausology

Just updated to 2.4.6. The GPU instancing works splendidly now. Thank you developer!

21. plufz

plufz

Hi! Before buying, it would be great to know if this shader can be combined with depth of field on the camera?

Thanks!

22. Isfaq

Isfaq

Depth of field should work fine since it's applied to the camera and Minimalist shaders do write in the depth buffer. I haven't tested this so I suggest you test it with the free version before buying.

23. plufz

plufz

Thanks for your quick reply. I was not able to get DOF. Does that mean it doesnt work or could I have screwed up something that affects your shader?

One more thing. When I look at the CastleDemo in shaded mode I dont see your lightmap. It is visible in lightmap mode though. Is that a limit in the free version or do you have any idea of why that could be?

24. Isfaq

Isfaq

I just tested the depth of field with Unity's post-processing package in 2019.3 and it works fine. Nothing extra needs to be done to get it working. I followed this tutorial link

In the paid version, the castle demo uses a different mode of lightmap (Use as AO). but the free version only has Additive and Multiplicative mode. That's why it's not visible in the free version.

25. plufz

plufz

Thanks a million for actually testing the DOF and answering my questions. Great support!

Isfaq likes this.
  26. greg-harding

greg-harding

Is anyone having trouble using late Unity 2019.3.x or Unity 2019.4.x LTS where shader compilation on standalone macOS is causing crashes? We are seeing crashes in builds while Minimal shaders are compiling. If they're included in the pre-warm list (using Graphics settings) the app insta-crashes at launch.

unityunity