Search Unity

Minigames deployment scenarios

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by NisbetNess, Aug 10, 2018.

1. NisbetNess

NisbetNess

I am trying to build a game (or rather collection of games), which will run on tablets. Kinda like tablets in Applebees.
    My initial approach was to build a single game controller and then each mini-game, for the lack of better word, would be present on the control page, if there was an update or a new game added to the controller,I could push it overnight via MDM.
    But, a limitation of this strategy is that I cannot pick and choose my mini games, on top of that, there might be different combination of mini games deployed to different sights. The management of those games will become a nightmare.

Can I :
    a) Push mini games as described above to an iPad?
    b) Control those mini-games (launch, play etc) from within an Unity Container?

Hope I am making sense.

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

This isn't really a networking problem. Your problem is Unity isn't designed to be a "Container" for separate applications. Unity has their asset bundle system which you could leverage for this, but it is for adding assets not code (though I've read comments suggesting you could try compiling code to a dll and including it in an asset bundle). You could try adding a runtime code system like MoonSharp, but then I don't believe it would be allowed on Apple's App Store because they don't like runtime compilation.

You could also just add all the code for all minigames to the main build, and update it whenever you add a new minigame, and deploy assets for the minigames in asset bundles.