Search Unity

Min Region Area Not Always Removing Nav Mesh

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by aFeesh, Nov 26, 2019.

1. aFeesh

aFeesh

I'm trying to remove Navigation from all non-contiguous NavMesh areas.

I'm using the new NavMeshComponents, and I'm manipulating the MinRegionArea on each NavMeshSurface:

upload_2019-11-25_20-34-14.png

I set the min region area to something large, and it works perfectly in some instances like this:

upload_2019-11-25_20-34-48.png

But no matter how large I set it, this particular spot is still generating a NavMesh:

upload_2019-11-25_20-35-38.png

I read on the Documentation "some areas may not get removed despite the Min Region Area setting"

So how can I go about removing this region? If I manipulate the tile size or voxel size will that play a role on how areas straddle tile boundaries for min region area?

2. snacktime

snacktime

Regions that connect to tile borders won't be removed, that might be what is causing it. Other parts of the system have specific areas that have to remain for it to work.

3. aFeesh

aFeesh

Yes, that's what the documentation says. I suppose aside from min region is anyone aware of another way to remove non-contiguous Nav Meshes? I could manually detect and carve areas like this with a NavMesh Obstacle or change the area type, but that seems like a headache, especially for proc-gen levels.

lclemens likes this.
  4. lordnedox

lordnedox

Hey there, sorry for the intrusion, where did you find that version of NavMeshSurface? I have the latest and I don't have the Min Region Area setting, and I really need it!!

Thanks!

5. radiantboy

radiantboy

Should be built into unity 2019