Search Unity

Milkshape Import Animation Advice

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by PrvtHudson, Dec 24, 2009.

1. PrvtHudson

PrvtHudson

I bought the Dexsoft Swat pack. (great looking model) I can't get the bones into XSI (MAX files ...) so I am trying out Milkshape. The gun is on a bone extruded from the chest.

The whole purpose of the exercise is to move the guys arm 2 feet out to his side and have the weapon follow. Simple enough.

It animates perfectly in Milkshape but when I import it in to Unity as FBX, the gun's X-axis movement is minimal, so the hand moves away from the gun.

It is almost like the movement of the gun is scaled somehow, as there is some movement on the x-axis. Milkshape has no options for this however.

I hope I am just slow from eating all the Christmas junk food early ;)

2. giyomu

giyomu

there isnt collada or fbx file with the swat guy ?

cause you can import that in XSI ( you will get null object for bone joints ).
    You wont be able to keep rig data anyway, but you can easily bake animation by retargeting your imported file into whatever CDK you use with XSI, if you ar emore confident using XSI for manipulate bones things.

I dont know about milkshape option you can have , mayeb you can try Unwrap3D cause it usually do good with import or export things.

3. AlbertoT

AlbertoT

Or simply Unity3d SHOULD support also MilkShape file format
    It is a simple, well documented, reliable and game oriented file format
    It would solve 100% the Unity3d I/O issues