Search Unity

Military Game - WIP

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by unitywarrior, Jun 9, 2012.

1. unitywarrior

unitywarrior

Yep. Military game.
    I know, terrible name? Can't think of anything better, so suggestions are appreciated.
    Screenshot:

And here is the problem... my construction worker can walk through trees!

Feedback appreciated. It will be in the style of Ghost Recon, Call of Duty, etc. There will probably be a party feature, a multiplayer, and a female character.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  2. Paradigm-SW

Paradigm-SW

Add colliders to the trees so you don't walk through them :)

3. unitywarrior

unitywarrior

I think the terrain has a collider applied to the trees, but I'll try adding them to the prefab. Thanks! :) I didn't think of that...

4. ludiares

ludiares

So, right now, what do you have? Just a few trees, a flat terrain, the default character and nothing else. If you want us to give feedback, you should show some of the mechanics in action, not just some free models put on a terrain in a minute

5. unitywarrior

unitywarrior

I'll screencast it in a moment. There's actually more stuff.. I just didn't have screenshots of it. :)

6. bgivenb

bgivenb

wait. before you post screenshot every 5 minutes for the next year, remember to actually have something to show each time you post a screenshot.

7. tatelax

tatelax

Looks pretty sick! Nice job!

8. unitywarrior

unitywarrior

Thank you! I hope you'll enjoy the game when it's finished!

And now for my UPDATE:
    I've thought of a name for it! It is now Operation Red Ghost.
    I'm working on a basic character named Max:

Here is the Google+ Page for it:
    https://plus.google.com/101377583375468488268/posts
    And I am working on Max's animations, his gun, etc. When he's in the game I'll let you know!

9. unitywarrior

unitywarrior

Currently Max is still not implemented, due to the fact that his textures won't work right in Unity at the moment.
    I've decided to focus on gameplay first and artwork second, so you may not see Max for a while until I get his textures to work. It's back to Mr. Construction Worker for now.
    I'm beginning work on a tutorial at the beginning of the game. I'm also working on some buildings to slip into the terrain.
    Since I'm just beginning work on this stuff, if there's anything you would like to see appear in the game, you can post now and I'll see if I can get it into the first alpha test build. :)

unityunity