Search Unity

TextMesh Pro Migrating from Legacy / Asset Store to Package Manager Releases

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Stephan_B, Jan 9, 2018.

1. RickBMG

RickBMG

FYI I also had to use the updated PackageConversion files in order to get everything in my project converted.

2. DocMcShot

DocMcShot

I'm not using any assembly definitions for my own scripts. I can't seem to find where to go to edit my .asmdefs. Any clearer instruction anywhere? I've never edited one before.

3. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

If you are not using Assembly Definitions then there is nothing to edit. If you had been using Assembly Definitions, you would have selected your .asmdef file in the Project window and then navigated to it using the context menu "Show in Explorer" and then edited the file is per the instructions in the previous link I provided. However, since you are not using .asmdefs you don't need to do that.

Most likely the project solution is now confused. I suggest (1) make a back of the project and then delete the project solution and the Library folder. This will force the solution to be regenerated and likely resolve whatever is confusion Visual Studio or whatever IDE you are using.

4. TomPo

TomPo

Looks like is a bug in 2018.02

TextMeshPro is added to the project via manager, i can add text etc and everything is working but...
    Visual Studio marked using TMPro as red - not implemented.
    so the line below as well
    public TextMeshProUGUI SomeName;

And don't have self-completion hints when typing SomeName. to get options like "text" from dropdown menu in VS.

Tried to restart the Unity and the VS but error is still there, but as I said everything is working even if VS keep saying that TMPro is not implemented :/
    P.s. there is no error in Unity Console and you can run the scene and change that text via code without errors.

5. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

I think this is Visual Studio getting confused.

Make sure you update Visual Studio in case you are running an older version.

As per my previous post, I would suggest (1) making a backup of your project and then deleting the project solution as well as the Library folder. This will trigger re-importing everything and re-generation of the project solution. Actually, you could start by just deleting the project solution to see if that alone fixes the state of confusion that Visual Studio is in .

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  6. helton-lumentech

helton-lumentech

Having the same issue as well, tried everything, from deleting Packages, temp, obj, library, and re-import the TMP 1.2.4 in the unity 2018.2. Nothing works. Visual Code works just fine. Also, Visual Studio is saying that the files in the Unity.TextMeshPro doesnt exists when you hover over them, taking a look at the package folder, I can see that there is nothing there and the unity is actually pointing to a cache folder in the appdata(and that's a really bad thing, first because appdata is not reliable, second because if the application is pointing to a cache folder, it isnt a cache at all).

I'm starting to consider moving on to Visual Code due to this problem, can't go forward without the debug tool.

7. DocMcShot

DocMcShot

Do you mean delete it from my Unity Projects folder or from within Visual Studio?

8. DocMcShot

DocMcShot

Not sure why this fixed it but all I had to do was import the "TMP Examples and Extras" from the TextMesh Pro window. I had installed the essentials only to start with. I'm guessing there is something in the Examples and Extras that are essential too. Once I imported that, Visual studio recognized the using TMPro; directive.

9. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Importing the TMP Examples and Extras would have triggered a rebuild of the project solution which indirectly would have resolved the issue.

I meant these and potentially the Library folder.

upload_2018-7-16_17-32-38.png

10. DocMcShot

DocMcShot

I don't think that that would have worked. I've since created a new test project, imported only the essentials, and I have the same original problem. Then I imported the Example and Extras and it works. I've never submitted a bug before but I think that I need to. Would you agree?

11. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

I just tested creating a new project in 2018.2 without importing the TMP Essential Resources and then created a simple script to which I added "using TMPro;" and that worked fine.

Tried the same thing after importing the TMP Essential Resources which also worked as expected. Lastly added the TMP Examples and Extras which also worked.

Prior to submitting a bug report, just double check again that you are using the latest version of Visual Studio 2017.

Again, try creating a new project and without even importing the TMP Essential Resources, create a simple script that includes "using TMPro;". This should work fine without importing any of the resources.

If at that point you are still experiencing the behavior, then by all means submit a bug report. Be sure to include the project the produces this behavior. Please provide the case # once you have it and I'll take a closer look shortly thereafter.

12. yuehaowang

yuehaowang

Has this problem been solved? I met this problem in Visual Studio as well. I removed TMP in Package Manager and the error messages disappeared. Is there another 'elegant' way?

13. TomPo

TomPo

Maybe is related somehow to the fact that in 2018 TextMeshPro looks like is already included by default (as we have option to add TextMeshPro text to the Canvas just after create a new project.)
    So when add it (again) using PackageManager makes Visual Studio Confused ?
    If so, then TMPro should be added in PackageManager to used packages by default without option to download and istall it again.
    Just geussing.

So looks like two bugs in one. Even if you didn't isntall TMPro from managar we already have option to use it, under scrollmenu in canvas and in Window tab as well.
    But when you try to add TMPro.text to Canvas you will get 17 errors.

For me even add the Extras didn't help. VS still can't see TMPpro but there is no errors in Unity and all works fine.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  14. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

The TextMesh Pro UPM package is included by default in 2018.2. As such if you already have a version of TextMesh Pro in the project, you get several errors because of the duplication. Some users may not be aware that their project already includes a version of TextMesh Pro if they created the project using a Template which might have contained TextMesh Pro.

In all those cases, the solution is to upgrade to the new TextMesh Pro package by removing the older source code or dll version of the project by deleting the old TextMesh Pro folder. Just be sure to back up and assets or files that might have been saved inside this TextMesh Pro folder and review any potential changes made to the TMP Settings file.

Once the old version is removed, import the TMP Essential Resources and (optional but recommended) the TMP Examples and Extras. It might be necessary to restart Unity if you are still getting errors.

Then use the Project Files GUID Remapping tool to scan for TMP related files and resource that need to be converted.

Then everything should work as expected.

15. TomPo

TomPo

That's why I consider this as a bug. If TMPro is installed by default it should be visible as already used in project under Manager. But it isn't and you can choose it to download and install but if you do then whole mess begins. :/
    Found some other bugs as well
    - error about releasing texture when you run the project when MainCamera is selected in hierarchy.
    - error about CPU problem when you try to convert Color to property in ShaderGraph, and material get pinky.
    All with 2018.2 and HDPipeline

16. yuehaowang

yuehaowang

I am confused because TMP is NOT used in my project. What's worse, even a project (using 3D template) without any game objects in the scene will cause this problem as well. This error occurred when I tried to build a VS solution generated by Unity.
    Moreover, I am wondering why Visual Studio wants to access 'myproject/Packages/com.unity.textmeshpro/Scripts/Runtime/' directory. There is nothing except 'manifest.json' in the 'myproject/Packages/' directory. I can't believe this directory is just for one file, so what's 'myproject/Packages/' directory's function?

NemoKrad likes this.
  17. NemoKrad

NemoKrad

I get this exact same issue, Windows 10, Unity 2018.2.0f2 using VS2017. This is with a clean, new project, add a simple translate script for the camera, runs fine in the editor, can even build and run the exe and it's all fine, but can't attach the debugger, it fails to build...

18. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

With Unity 2018.2, the TextMesh Pro UPM package is included by default. However, the TMP Essential Resources are not imported / added to a user project until first use and consent of the user. Alternatively, a user can manually import the TMP Essential Resources via the "Window - TextMeshPro - Import TMP Essential Resources" menu.

Provided you imported the TMP Essential Resources, there should be no errors unless a previous version of TextMesh Pro is present in the project which is possible if the project was created from a Template like some of the SRP templates which do add the TMP package which can be confusing here.

The other errors appear to be specific to SRP. Please note the TMP surface shaders are not compatible with SRP at this time.

19. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Some of the Templates do add the TextMesh Pro package which isn't obvious when they do so. Please search your project for the TextMesh Pro folder and let me know what you find.

20. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

What is Visual Studio complaining about?

Make sure you are running the latest update of Visual Studio 2017.

Any chance you can provide this project to me to look at?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  21. yuehaowang

yuehaowang

Thanks for your helpful reply. I searched my project for 'TextMesh Pro' and Unity did show me several files among which there was a file named 'TextMeshPro.cs' located in 'Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime'. I selected this file and right clicked -> Show in Explorer. Then, Windows Explorer showed the file was located in 'C:\Users\my_user_name\AppData\Local\Unity\cache\packages\packages.unity.com\com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4\Scripts\Runtime' instead of the 'Packages' directory of my project.

It's not hard to see from the error message that Visual Studio wants to access the file in my project's 'Packages' directory but actually, the only file there is 'manifest.json'. Maybe this problem can be simplified as 'does Unity generate a VS solution which includes wrong file paths of TMP's scripts?'.

To be more specific, I am using Unity 2018.2.0f2 Personal (64-bit).

22. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

The TextMesh Pro package is installed by default in Unity 2018.2. The location revealed by Windows Explorer is correct and the default standard location for packages.

Make sure you are using the latest version of Visual Studio 2017 as packages use Assembly Definitions for which there were issues in some of the previous / older versions of Visual Studio / VSTU.

When I create a new project in Unity 2018.2, which will end up including TMP, I do not get any errors in Visual Studio. So I am still trying to reproduce the behavior on my end to figure out why you would get some errors.

If you do not plan on using TextMesh Pro, you can remove the TextMesh Pro package by going to "Window - Package Manager" menu and from there uninstall the TextMesh Pro package.

yuehaowang likes this.
  23. NemoKrad

NemoKrad

Hi, thanks for the quick reply,

I have tried removing the TextMesh Pro package, and still get errors, they are then to do with the package manager it's self :/ In fact also tried to remove ALL packages with the exception of the package manager (you can't do that) and still get the package manager errors.

I am using VS 2015 15.5.3 if that helps at all :)

24. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

I have a feeling the issue is related to VS 2015.

I would suggest upgrading to VS 2017 or at least testing if you get the same behavior with VS 2017.

25. NemoKrad

NemoKrad

Sorry, I miss typed I am using VS 2017, 15.5.3 :)

26. NemoKrad

NemoKrad

OK, so, I create a new project, add a single script for translating and rotating the camera, try to attach to Unity, and get this when VS (2017 15.5.3) tries to build it (taken from the output window):-
    Code (CSharp):
    1. 1>------ Build started: Project: Unity.TextMeshPro, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
    2. 2>------ Build started: Project: Unity.PackageManagerUI.Editor, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
    3. 1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(2041,5): warning MSB3268: The primary reference "UnityEditor.Graphs" could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the framework assembly "System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" which could not be resolved in the currently targeted framework. ".NETFramework,Version=v3.5,Profile=Unity Subset v3.5". To resolve this problem, either remove the reference "UnityEditor.Graphs" or retarget your application to a framework version which contains "System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a".
    4. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\FastAction.cs' could not be found.
    5. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_CoroutineTween.cs' could not be found.
    6. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TextContainer.cs' could not be found.
    7. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_MeshInfo.cs' could not be found.
    8. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_FontAsset.cs' could not be found.
    9. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_LineInfo.cs' could not be found.
    10. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\MaterialReferenceManager.cs' could not be found.
    11. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_ObjectPool.cs' could not be found.
    12. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TextMeshPro.cs' could not be found.
    13. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_ListPool.cs' could not be found.
    14. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_ScrollbarEventHandler.cs' could not be found.
    15. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_InputField.cs' could not be found.
    16. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TextMeshProUGUI.cs' could not be found.
    17. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_Asset.cs' could not be found.
    18. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_SelectionCaret.cs' could not be found.
    19. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_InputValidator.cs' could not be found.
    20. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_ColorGradient.cs' could not be found.
    21. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_Settings.cs' could not be found.
    22. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_SpriteAssetImportFormats.cs' could not be found.
    23. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_Compatibility.cs' could not be found.
    24. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_SpriteAnimator.cs' could not be found.
    25. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_MaterialManager.cs' could not be found.
    26. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_DefaultControls.cs' could not be found.
    27. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_Sprite.cs' could not be found.
    28. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_Style.cs' could not be found.
    29. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_SubMeshUI.cs' could not be found.
    30. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_SpriteAsset.cs' could not be found.
    31. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\PackageResourceImporterWindow.cs' could not be found.
    32. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMPro_ExtensionMethods.cs' could not be found.
    33. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_UpdateRegistery.cs' could not be found.
    34. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_Dropdown.cs' could not be found.
    35. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMPro_FontUtilities.cs' could not be found.
    36. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_StyleSheet.cs' could not be found.
    37. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_Text.cs' could not be found.
    38. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_TextInfo.cs' could not be found.
    39. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_XmlTagStack.cs' could not be found.
    40. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMPro_Private.cs' could not be found.
    41. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMPro_MeshUtilities.cs' could not be found.
    42. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_TextElement.cs' could not be found.
    43. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_SubMesh.cs' could not be found.
    44. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_TextUtilities.cs' could not be found.
    45. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMPro_EventManager.cs' could not be found.
    46. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMPro_ShaderUtilities.cs' could not be found.
    47. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_UpdateManager.cs' could not be found.
    48. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Runtime\TMPro_UGUI_Private.cs' could not be found.
    49. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Common\ThreadedDelay.cs' could not be found.
    50. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Interfaces\IListOperation.cs' could not be found.
    51. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Common\ApplicationUtil.cs' could not be found.
    52. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Interfaces\ISearchOperation.cs' could not be found.
    53. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Packages\PackageInfo.cs' could not be found.
    54. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\AssemblyInfo.cs' could not be found.
    55. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Interfaces\IAddOperation.cs' could not be found.
    56. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Interfaces\IOperationFactory.cs' could not be found.
    57. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Packages\PackageInfoListExtensions.cs' could not be found.
    58. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Common\OperationSignal.cs' could not be found.
    59. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Packages\PackageCollection.cs' could not be found.
    60. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\External\SemVersion.cs' could not be found.
    61. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Interfaces\IBaseOperation.cs' could not be found.
    62. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Interfaces\IRemoveOperation.cs' could not be found.
    63. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Common\Resources.cs' could not be found.
    64. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Packages\PackageListExtensions.cs' could not be found.
    65. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Packages\PackageFilter.cs' could not be found.
    66. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\External\SemVersionExtension.cs' could not be found.
    67. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Packages\PackageOrigin.cs' could not be found.
    68. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Packages\PackageGroupOrigins.cs' could not be found.
    69. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Upm\UpmAddOperation.cs' could not be found.
    70. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\Common\Alert.cs' could not be found.
    71. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Upm\UpmOperationFactory.cs' could not be found.
    72. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\Common\UIUtils.cs' could not be found.
    73. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Packages\PackageState.cs' could not be found.
    74. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\PackageDetails.cs' could not be found.
    75. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Upm\UpmBaseOperation.cs' could not be found.
    76. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\Common\LoadingSpinner.cs' could not be found.
    77. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\Common\VersionItem.cs' could not be found.
    78. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Packages\PackageTag.cs' could not be found.
    79. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\PackageGroup.cs' could not be found.
    80. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\Common\PopupField.cs' could not be found.
    81. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Upm\UpmListOperation.cs' could not be found.
    82. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\PackageList.cs' could not be found.
    83. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\PackageItem.cs' could not be found.
    84. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\PackageSearchFilterTabs.cs' could not be found.
    85. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\PackageManagerExtensions.cs' could not be found.
    86. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Upm\UpmRemoveOperation.cs' could not be found.
    87. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\PackagesLoading.cs' could not be found.
    88. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\OperationFactory.cs' could not be found.
    89. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\Interfaces\IPackageManagerExtension.cs' could not be found.
    90. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Upm\UpmSearchOperation.cs' could not be found.
    91. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\PackageManagerWindow.cs' could not be found.
    92. 2>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Packages\Package.cs' could not be found.
    93. 3>------ Build started: Project: Unity.TextMeshPro.Editor, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
    94. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\DropdownOptionListDrawer.cs' could not be found.
    95. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\KerningPairDrawer.cs' could not be found.
    96. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMP_BitmapShaderGUI.cs' could not be found.
    97. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMP_DropdownEditor.cs' could not be found.
    98. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMP_FontAssetEditor.cs' could not be found.
    99. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMP_ResourcesLoader.cs' could not be found.
    100. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMP_SpriteAssetEditor.cs' could not be found.
    101. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMP_StyleAssetMenu.cs' could not be found.
    102. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMPro_ContextMenus.cs' could not be found.
    103. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMP_PackageUtilities.cs' could not be found.
    104. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMPro_FontAssetCreatorWindow.cs' could not be found.
    105. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMPro_SortingLayerHelper.cs' could not be found.
    106. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMP_SubMeshUI_Editor.cs' could not be found.
    107. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\SpriteInfoDrawer.cs' could not be found.
    108. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMP_EditorPanel.cs' could not be found.
    109. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMP_SpriteAssetImporter.cs' could not be found.
    110. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMP_ColorGradientAssetMenu.cs' could not be found.
    111. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMP_StyleSheetEditor.cs' could not be found.
    112. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMP_InputFieldEditor.cs' could not be found.
    113. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMPro_CreateObjectMenu.cs' could not be found.
    114. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMP_SDFShaderGUI.cs' could not be found.
    115. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMPro_FontPlugin.cs' could not be found.
    116. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMPro_TextContainerEditor.cs' could not be found.
    117. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMP_UiEditorPanel.cs' could not be found.
    118. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\EditorCoroutine.cs' could not be found.
    119. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMP_PostBuildProcessHandler.cs' could not be found.
    120. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMP_EditorUtility.cs' could not be found.
    121. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMP_SpriteAssetMenu.cs' could not be found.
    122. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMP_SubMesh_Editor.cs' could not be found.
    123. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMP_ColorGradientEditor.cs' could not be found.
    124. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMP_MeshRendererEditor.cs' could not be found.
    125. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMPro_EditorShaderUtilities.cs' could not be found.
    126. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMP_BaseShaderGUI.cs' could not be found.
    127. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMPro_SDFMaterialEditor.cs' could not be found.
    128. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMPro_TexturePostProcessor.cs' could not be found.
    129. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMP_SettingsEditor.cs' could not be found.
    130. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMP_UIStyleManager.cs' could not be found.
    131. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\GlyphInfoDrawer.cs' could not be found.
    132. 3>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMP_ProjectTextSettings.cs' could not be found.
    133. 4>------ Build started: Project: Blank2018, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
    134. 4>CSC : error CS0006: Metadata file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Temp\UnityVS_bin\Debug\Unity.PackageManagerUI.Editor.dll' could not be found
    135. 4>CSC : error CS0006: Metadata file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Temp\UnityVS_bin\Debug\Unity.TextMeshPro.dll' could not be found
    136. 4>CSC : error CS0006: Metadata file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Temp\UnityVS_bin\Debug\Unity.TextMeshPro.Editor.dll' could not be found
    137. ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 4 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
    I go into package manager and remove TexMesh Pro (I am not using it), go back to VS and try to attach again, and get this:-

Code (CSharp):
    1. 1>------ Build started: Project: Unity.PackageManagerUI.Editor, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
    2. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Common\ApplicationUtil.cs' could not be found.
    3. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\AssemblyInfo.cs' could not be found.
    4. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Common\ThreadedDelay.cs' could not be found.
    5. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Interfaces\IListOperation.cs' could not be found.
    6. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Common\OperationSignal.cs' could not be found.
    7. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Interfaces\ISearchOperation.cs' could not be found.
    8. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Interfaces\IAddOperation.cs' could not be found.
    9. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Packages\PackageCollection.cs' could not be found.
    10. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\External\SemVersion.cs' could not be found.
    11. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Packages\PackageInfo.cs' could not be found.
    12. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Packages\PackageOrigin.cs' could not be found.
    13. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Interfaces\IOperationFactory.cs' could not be found.
    14. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Common\Resources.cs' could not be found.
    15. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Upm\UpmAddOperation.cs' could not be found.
    16. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\Common\UIUtils.cs' could not be found.
    17. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Upm\UpmOperationFactory.cs' could not be found.
    18. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\OperationFactory.cs' could not be found.
    19. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\Common\Alert.cs' could not be found.
    20. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Packages\PackageFilter.cs' could not be found.
    21. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\PackageDetails.cs' could not be found.
    22. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Interfaces\IBaseOperation.cs' could not be found.
    23. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Packages\PackageInfoListExtensions.cs' could not be found.
    24. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Interfaces\IRemoveOperation.cs' could not be found.
    25. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Upm\UpmRemoveOperation.cs' could not be found.
    26. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Upm\UpmBaseOperation.cs' could not be found.
    27. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Packages\PackageState.cs' could not be found.
    28. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Packages\Package.cs' could not be found.
    29. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Packages\PackageGroupOrigins.cs' could not be found.
    30. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\PackageGroup.cs' could not be found.
    31. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\PackageList.cs' could not be found.
    32. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\Common\LoadingSpinner.cs' could not be found.
    33. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\Common\VersionItem.cs' could not be found.
    34. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Packages\PackageListExtensions.cs' could not be found.
    35. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\PackageManagerWindow.cs' could not be found.
    36. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\External\SemVersionExtension.cs' could not be found.
    37. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Upm\UpmSearchOperation.cs' could not be found.
    38. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\PackageSearchFilterTabs.cs' could not be found.
    39. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Upm\UpmListOperation.cs' could not be found.
    40. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\PackageItem.cs' could not be found.
    41. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\Services\Packages\PackageTag.cs' could not be found.
    42. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\Common\PopupField.cs' could not be found.
    43. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\PackageManagerExtensions.cs' could not be found.
    44. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\PackagesLoading.cs' could not be found.
    45. 1>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\Interfaces\IPackageManagerExtension.cs' could not be found.
    46. 2>------ Build started: Project: Blank2018, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
    47. 2>CSC : error CS0006: Metadata file 'D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Temp\UnityVS_bin\Debug\Unity.PackageManagerUI.Editor.dll' could not be found
    48. ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 2 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
    All the .cs files in the Unity.PackageManagerUI.Editor.csproj project are marked with the little yellow exclamation and are indeed not present at the location stated.

e.g. "D:\Projects\Local Test Bed\Blank2018\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\PackageItem.cs"

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  27. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

The fact that after removing the TMP package the issues persist but move to a different package points to a potential issue that is Visual Studio related.

Since a lot of issues were addressed in previous releases Visual Studio (specifically related to Assembly Definitions which all packages use) as well as improvement made to VSTU (debugging), I strongly suggest you update Visual Studio to the latest release which is 15.7.5 and see if you get the same behavior using the latest release of Visual Studio.

28. NemoKrad

NemoKrad

Yes, I have actually done that last night (left it running), and testing it now, and it works fine!!

So, the solution was for me to upgrade to VS 2017 15.7.5

Thanks for the quick responses :D

29. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Glad it worked and you are most welcome.

NemoKrad likes this.
  30. Matt-Cranktrain

Matt-Cranktrain

Hi, I've used the migration tool to move from my old purchased TextMesh Pro to 2018.2 and the package TextMesh Pro.

It seems like it's successfully migrated all the references for fonts and scripts... but my 'Sprite Asset' references (set in the Extra Settings tab of the script) were all lost.

Also: if I attach the correct Sprite Asset back to a TextMesh Pro script, my Rich Text references that previously worked ("<sprite="Sprite" name="Sprite Name">) don't seem to get replaced by an image. Any idea what's going on here and what I should try?

Edit: Okay, so after reattaching the correct Sprite Asset back to a TextMeshPro script, if I do <sprite=0> I get the sprite appearing. Why doesn't it pick things up by name? If I check the Sprite Asset object, all the names (and widths, heights, etc) are all still the same.

Edit 2: Right, figured it out by going back and reading the older docs - I had changed the default Sprite Asset location in the TMP Settings, but migrating to the 2018 version had lost them. Restoring the correct setting path fixed things for me. I'll leave this post here if anyone else encounters the same thing.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  31. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

I'll take a look at this later today or over the weekend.

I am surprised this would have worked before as using <sprite="Sprite Asset Name" name="Sprite Name"> specifically instructs TMP to get the sprite named "Sprite Name" from the sprite asset named "Sprite Asset Name".

In order to reference the local sprite asset, you would use <sprite name="Sprite Name"> or <sprite index=0>.

32. yuehaowang

yuehaowang

Thanks for your patience. Exactly, I am using VS 2017 15.7.5. I met this problem in VS when I tried to build a UWP solution exported from Unity (Build Settings -> Switch platform to UWP -> Tick 'Unity C# project' -> Build). I didn't see this problem when I was editing the Unity script files in VS.

33. hromoyDron

hromoyDron

Hi!
    I updated unity from 2018.1 to 2018.2 and get several errors like this:
    /Users/andrej/Library/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4/Scripts/Runtime/TMPro_UGUI_Private.cs(3945,45): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Compare(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)' and `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Compare(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)'

what should I do?

I also trying to delete TMP folder and Library, packages and Temp folder too.

34. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

These errors indicate that you already have a previous version of TextMesh Pro included in your project. See the following post above on this page.

hromoyDron likes this.
  35. kpetkov

kpetkov

Hi @Stephan_B, I decided to migrate from
    unity 2018.1.0f2 to 2018.2.0f2 on LINUX and I already have TextMesh Pro 1.0.54 imported to my project.

And the new Unity comes with preinstalled TextMesh Pro package version 1.2.4.
    After starting the new Unity it throws errors complaining about multiple duplicated resources.

/home/su/.config/unity3d/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4/Scripts/Runtime/TMPro_Private.cs(3551,92): error CS0121:
    The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties:
    `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Compare(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)' and `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Compare(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)'

/home/su/.config/unity3d/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4/Scripts/Runtime/TMPro_Private.cs(3709,45): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Compare(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)' and `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Compare(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)'

/home/su/.config/unity3d/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4/Scripts/Runtime/TMPro_UGUI_Private.cs(3787,92): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Compare(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)' and `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Compare(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)'

/home/su/.config/unity3d/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4/Scripts/Runtime/TMPro_UGUI_Private.cs(3945,45): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Compare(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)' and `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Compare(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)'

/home/su/.config/unity3d/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4/Scripts/Runtime/TMP_Text.cs(341,35): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Compare(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)' and `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Compare(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)'

/home/su/.config/unity3d/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4/Scripts/Runtime/TMP_Text.cs(360,38): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Compare(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)' and `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Compare(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)'

/home/su/.config/unity3d/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4/Scripts/Runtime/TMP_Text.cs(4865,64): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)' and `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)'

/home/su/.config/unity3d/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4/Scripts/Runtime/TMP_Text.cs(4877,44): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)' and `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)'

/home/su/.config/unity3d/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4/Scripts/Runtime/TMP_Text.cs(4878,44): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)' and `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)'

/home/su/.config/unity3d/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4/Scripts/Runtime/TMP_Text.cs(4879,44): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)' and `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)'

/home/su/.config/unity3d/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4/Scripts/Runtime/TMP_Text.cs(4880,44): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)' and `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)'

/home/su/.config/unity3d/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4/Scripts/Runtime/TMP_Text.cs(4884,44): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)' and `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)'

/home/su/.config/unity3d/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4/Scripts/Runtime/TMP_Text.cs(4885,44): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)' and `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)'

/home/su/.config/unity3d/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4/Scripts/Runtime/TMP_Text.cs(4886,44): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)' and `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)'

/home/su/.config/unity3d/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4/Scripts/Runtime/TMP_Text.cs(4887,44): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)' and `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)'

/home/su/.config/unity3d/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4/Scripts/Runtime/TMP_Text.cs(4893,40): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)' and `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)'

/home/su/.config/unity3d/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4/Scripts/Runtime/TMP_Text.cs(4894,40): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)' and `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)'

/home/su/.config/unity3d/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4/Scripts/Runtime/TMP_Text.cs(4895,40): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)' and `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)'

/home/su/.config/unity3d/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4/Scripts/Runtime/TMP_Text.cs(4896,40): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)' and `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)'

I tried what you suggest in the first post of this thread. But it is not working for me :( Is there some easy way to remove previously imported TextMeshPro and safely switch to TextMesh pro package without ruin all the texts inside my project, and have to start reacreating them again ?

I also want to upgrade TMPro to the last version which is this from the package comes with new version of Unity...
    So please help with idea or anything.

36. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Here are the steps for converting your project over to the new version of TMP included with Unity 2018.2.

(1) Back up your project.
    (2) Open Unity and close all open scenes. You will have lots of errors at this stage if your project contains a previous non package version of TMP. These errors are temporary.
    (3) Delete the previous version of TextMesh Pro by deleting the "TextMesh Pro" folder. Be sure to back up any files and assets you may have saved inside this folder hierarchy. Also review your TMP Settings files, Stylesheets, etc. for any change you may have made.
    (4) If using Unity 2018.1, import the latest version of the TMP UPM package via the package manager UI located in the Window - Package Manager menu. If using Unity 2018.2, the package is already installed.
    (5) Import the TMP Essential Resources as well as the (optional) TMP Examples and Extras from the "Window - TextMeshPro - ..." menu. If this menu is not visible, you will have to restart Unity.
    (6) Used the Project Files GUID Remapping tool to convert the project to the new format. The tool is also located in the TextMeshPro menu. This process can take anywhere between a few minutes to much longer. I do have an update coming for this that will allow user to specify which folders to scan which will make the process much more efficient.

At this point everything should be working as expected.

37. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

I added Updated Notes to the first post of this thread to provide additional information about the upgrade process to the TMP UPM package.

I also posted an updated version of the Project Files GUID Remapping tool which includes the ability to specify which folder to scan as well as the ability to cancel the scanning process. This should make the process of converting the relevant TMP files / resources much faster as users can now exclude folder that are known NOT to contain any TMP related stuff.

See please see these updated notes :)

38. brainwipe

brainwipe

Stephan, just wanted to say thank you for your tooling and instructions. Even with my noob-ridden Unity project, the update was very smooth. Thank you.

Stephan_B likes this.
  39. kpetkov

kpetkov

Made it! This time after carefully reading and following your steps! I did it :) Thank you! You are a really good professional and You know exactly how to do your work. Great thanks!

40. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

You are most welcome :)

41. MNNoxMortem

MNNoxMortem

Having a hard time upgrading TMP...
    • Removed every TextMeshPro folder.
    • Removed the TMP package
    • Deleted Library and Obj folders
    • Reimported everything
    • Added TMP package
    • Imported TMP Essentials
    And also tried:
    • Adding the reference directly in the .asmdef folder (Unable to find asmdef)
    • Adding the reference over the Unity 2018.2.0f2 inspector (No TMP Assembly is available)
    No .dll is found, the asmdef file can not be found, no reference is working. Absolutely unable to get the project to compile now.

The .dlls are found under:
    • C:\<projectpath>\Library\ScriptAssemblies\Unity.TextMeshPro.dll
    • C:\<projectpath>\Library\ScriptAssemblies\Unity.TextMeshPro.Editor.dll
    When I manually add the reference in the asmdef I get the following error:
    • Requested value 'Unity.TextMeshPro' was not found. (Assets/Scripts/Main.asmdef)
    Update: The only way the reference worked was by dragging it as posted here:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/use...ssembly-definition-error.520519/#post-3473890

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  42. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

What version of TMP are you trying to upgrade from and to?

If upgrading from the source code or dll versions, you should only have to remove the previous version of TMP by deleting the "TextMesh Pro" folder.

If upgrading from a previous TMP UPM version (package) you don't have to do anything other than go to the package manager UI and select to upgrade to the newer version.

What specific issue are you having?

The reference to the assembly definitions should only be required if you are using assembly definitions on your own scripts. In which case, you will need to manually add the reference to Unity.TextMeshPro in your own .asmdef. This is explained in the first post of this thread in the Updated Notes Item 2 at the bottom.

43. MNNoxMortem

MNNoxMortem

@Stephan_B as edited above: it works now with dragging the Assembly in there manually. What only confused me additionally is that Rider currently marks the assembly as not found, as it does not search the packages folder yet.

44. tomzigza

tomzigza

Some feedback on my large project conversion.
    It takes about 40 minutes to do the scan
    I get about 999+ errors (prob its around 1400) about
    String too long for TextMeshGenerator. Cutting off characters.
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    This seems harmless but it could be slowing things down a bit. It looks like its showing the error every time it renders the debug window.
    When the window does not have focus i notice the bar stops but i think its still going as it jumps when its finished. I also noticed the Scan progress numbers hit maximum when the bar is only like 60% full. At this point it actually does stop moving forward if the focus is lost. I watched it move a pixel every couple seconds and then when i lose focus and come back in like 10 seconds it has not progressed at this rate.

After it finished and i hit save modified files I got
    1 of these:
    Assertion failed on expression: 'res'
    UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:Refresh()
    TMPro.TMP_ProjectConversionUtility:UpdateProjectFiles() (at C:/Users/tmdel/AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4/Scripts/Editor/TMP_PackageUtilities.cs:333)
    TMPro.TMP_ProjectConversionUtility:OnGUI() (at C:/Users/tmdel/AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4/Scripts/Editor/TMP_PackageUtilities.cs:132)

then
    Unable to parse file Assets/TextMesh Pro/Resources/Fonts & Materials/MatissePro-EBFinal.asset: [could not find expected ':'] at line 2253

TMPro.TMP_ProjectConversionUtility:UpdateProjectFiles() (at C:/Users/tmdel/AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4/Scripts/Editor/TMP_PackageUtilities.cs:333)
    TMPro.TMP_ProjectConversionUtility:OnGUI() (at C:/Users/tmdel/AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4/Scripts/Editor/TMP_PackageUtilities.cs:132)

then

Error assigning NONE texture to 2D texture property '_MainTex': Dimensions must match

This repeated a few times then just a bunch of these in a row

Error assigning NONE texture to 2D texture property '_MainTex': Dimensions must match

I don't know if these resulted in problems I have not found yet, but in general seems thing mostly right. Thanks for the migration tool.

Also question. Am i safe to delete everything out of resources I do not need? Because these add to build size and on mobile that's not wonderful.

45. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Did you use the updated Project File GUID Remapping tool that I posed on the first page?

Does the scanning window end up with a super large quantity of files being listed? That could be the source of that error as the editor can't display text that contains more than 65,535 vertex.

Although annoying these errors are in fact harmless. I guess this is where having the ability to target individual folders with the updated tool I posted on the first page will not only speed up the process (since users can now exclude folders they know do not contain TMP related stuff) but also reduce the likelihood of this happening as well).

In terms of removing resources that you do not use, that should be safe for font assets and sprite assets which are the larger assets anyway. The other stuff like TMP Settings, LineBreaking rules, stylesheets, etc. should be kept as they are small anyway.

If you do remove the default LiberationSans SDF, make sure you assign another default font asset in the TMP Settings. Potentially the same for default sprite asset.

If you do not use textures or stuff like glow on your text, make sure you switch to the Mobile SDF shader. Then you could also remove the shaders you do not use but keep the .cginc files.

The examples folder can obviously be removed completely.

46. tomzigza

tomzigza

Hey, I used the 2018.2 built in one. I could try again tonight with the update version if you want a performance comparison. I remember reading that but I was scanning the whole 5 pages and I think i forgot about that piece by the time i reached the end...

There were a lot of entries but id wager on the order of 1-2 hundred. Not sure if thats enough to make 65535 vertexes or not. As far as removing shaders, thats overkill as they are tiny, more concerned with the larger files.

47. thesinickdios

thesinickdios

Hi i updated to unity 2018.2 and i imported the assets of textmeshpro the problem is in the code i tried to change a text of textmeshpro by UI but doesnt recognize my class interface "TextMeshProUGUI" Only "TextMesh" any help? sorry for my english
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using TMPro;
    3. public class FontScriptT : MonoBehaviour {
    4.     public TextMeshProUGUI  youLoseTextT; //here TextMeshProUGui cant recognize
    6.     void Start ()
    7.     {
    10.         youLoseTextT = GetComponent<TextMesh>();//Only recognize TextMesh but i need TextMeshProUGUI
    12.         youLoseTextT.gameObject.SetActive(false);
    13.     }
    15.     // Update is called once per frame
    16.     void Update()
    17.     {
    20.         if (GameControlT.instance.numberOfBallsT <= 0)
    21.         {
    22.             youLoseTextT.gameObject.SetActive(true);
    23.         }
    24.     }
    25. }

48. tomzigza

tomzigza

How does one use your altered version of the tool since in 2018.2 TMP is a package. I cannot see the file to replace with this version. Also I tried just making a fresh file but the code could not find:using TMPro.EditorUtilities;

49. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Make sure that you are adding the namespace for TextMesh Pro which is "using TMPro;".

If the namespace is not recognized, then please make sure you update your code editor (Visual Studio, VS Code, Rider, etc.) to the latest release. See the Updated Notes item #4 at the end of the first post in this thread.

50. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Packages are installed in the local cache. On Windows, the location is "...\AppData\Local\Unity\cache\packages\packages.unity.com\com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4"