Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Migrate to unity 5

Discussion in '2D' started by Schminitz, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Schminitz

Schminitz

Hello,

We recently migrated our 2D project to Unity 5, and we had some problems that we didnt found in the official documentation of unity.

So I decided to make a post about it, maybe it will help some people.

1: Some animations don't move my object

I use animations states to move some of my objects. For example the spawner 'UFO' at round start.
    After migrating, the UFO didnt move anymore, but when I looked into the animation state, I still had position animation.

The problem can be fixed by unchecking 'Apply Root Motion' , so the position and rotation can be controlled by curves.

2: Some animations events does not launch

I use animation events in my project, this allow to execute behavior functions via the animation state.

In unity 5, it seems that we cannot launch several functions at the same frame like this:

I didnt found a solution to allow several events on the same frame, so I simply decided to englobe the 2 functions in one, and call only that one.

3: Animation 'Center' property renamed

And last but not least, it seems that unity renamed the property on the BoxCollider2D component "Center" to "Offset", and if this property was used in an animation state, the renaming is not done automatically.

I didnt find a better solution than redoing all the animations states impacted manually, by deleting the 'Center' animation and adding an 'Offset' animation with the exact same values. Kinda boring if you have a lot to do...

That's it!

Of course this is only the problems I had in my project, I have no doubt there is more things that unity forget to automatically migrate.

Hope this will help.

You can find the original post here: http://forums.biga.be/topic/61/migrating-domiverse-to-unity-5

And if you are interested by our project, it is called Domiverse, and you can follow us on Twitter #hauntedtie and facebook Haunted Tie.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015