Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Midtown Crazy Race for iOS devices

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by tiburon, Dec 10, 2013.

1. tiburon

tiburon

Midtown Crazy Race for iOS devices

https://itunes.apple.com/ve/app/midtown-crazy-race/id743874966?l=en&mt=8

This game is a tribute to the car games from late 90s, a madness race in Midtown.
    Features:
    • Immersive 3d racing action.
    • Open World: Do what you want where ever you want when ever you want.
    • Real physics.
    • 50 levels of competition, racing against the clock or against other cars.
    • Multiplayer Game: Connect up to 4 devices on the same Wi-Fi network, select a track to play.
    • Day/Night mode.
    • Seven great cars to choose.
    Enjoy!

PD: Available in Play Store too: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.midtowncrazyrace

2. huxley

huxley

This is a really nice multiplatform release! Can you tell us more about the car physics, did you use any existing car engine like UnityCar, Eddy Physics, or did you write your own solution?

3. tiburon

tiburon

In the beginning of the project i used every car engine i founded, but they were very slow on mobiles when used in more than 1 car. I ended up written my own engine, one for the cars on competition, and another one for the city cars.

4. huxley

huxley

Same here, I think there is a reason all of the car engines only demo with one car! Great work and polish, I am really enjoying your game and all it's depth.

5. Autonoma

Autonoma

I downloaded it on Android - what did you do to reduce the drawcalls? It looks like there are a lot of assets in the scenes.

Also I think you went the right route with creating your own engine, I'm looking to do that for the NPC cars in mine as well.

My only issue with the game was that on really tight turns sometimes the car would "stick" and flip.

6. tiburon

tiburon

Reduce draw call is a looong list of things. Atlas textures, merge meshes, never use a division operation in an update function, replace "magnitude" for "sqrmagnitude", and build your own culling system.
    To get your car more stable, put the center of mass very low.

7. tiburon

tiburon

unityunity