Search Unity

Audio MIDI Out

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by pl3ksus, May 9, 2019.

1. pl3ksus

pl3ksus

I make ambient audiovisuals by playing a hardware analog synth with Unity. Mostly with physics. and taking back the sound from the synth to Unity and modifying the scene based on it.

The main tools for this have been Keijiro's Lasp for the audio analysis, and midi-dot-net for the MIDI I/O. Both have worked great, but since 2019.1's deprecation of .NET 3.5, midi-dot-net does not play nice with the new HDRP, among other things. Of course, sticking with 2018.3 is an option, but the whole point of this project for me in addition to learning synthesis and music is keeping up with the developments in graphics and VFX features in Unity, I'd very much like to able to use the newest versions of Unity.

Googling Unity MIDI I/O mostly results in old threads and legacy plugins. Is anyone aware of any new developments in Unity MIDI I/O for Windows 10 .NET 4.X, or even better, cross-platform?

Not the best fit for the Audio forum, I know, but can't think of a better one, either.

2. r618

r618

I think the result of 'the one particular old thread' was they didn't do anything with MIDI
    Why not look at other keijiro MIDI plugin/s though ?
    or use OSC if you can

Last edited: May 16, 2019