Search Unity

Other "Microsoft Visual Studio 2022 is not responding" ... anyone else having this since update?

Discussion in 'Code Editors & IDEs' started by Dawdlebird, Aug 9, 2023.

1. Dawdlebird

Dawdlebird

For years working with VS community has been smooth sailing... but since the 17.7 update yesterday it is now constantly freezing (every time I switch between tabs, every time I save and compilation gets triggered, etc).
    Unfortunately the community version won't let me roll back to 17.6...

Anyone else having this constant freezing?
    Anyone has a suggestion on how to roll back to 17.6?
    I'd hate to have to switch to a different IDE...

Attached Files:

2. sailro

sailro

Microsoft

Hello!

Could you use the built-in VS feature Help/Send feedback/Report a problem ? This way we can have all the logs to diagnose this issue.

For now we don't have any other reports showing such an issue so that's possible it's specific to your setup.

Thank you!

3. Dawdlebird

Dawdlebird

Hey thanks for responding. After no luck with VS community I've spend the better part of the day getting VS code up and running, and it is doing it's job quite fine. I've also completely removed any trace of VS community, but I just reinstalled to give it one last shot (switching to VS code is taking a lot of momentum out of my coding flow, with all the small differences). If it still is the same I can try this feedback thing.