Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error! - (Resolved)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by e_babayev, Aug 6, 2022.

1. e_babayev

e_babayev

Hello friends!

I would like to tell you about a problem I encountered with the Unity game engine. As a result, I couldn't find the solution on the internet for a long time. But I finally got it done. The reason I share this problem here is to help friends who have the same problem in the future. If the solutions in other areas did not work for you, this solution will probably help you.

This was exactly the problem: I was getting the "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error!" error when trying to bake the lightmap in Unity.

My computer uses windows 10, 64-bit operating system. For this reason, I installed the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ x64. According to the information I read somewhere, it is enough to install only the x86 version on x86 systems. Since my system is x64, I need to install both x64 and x86. I installed a Microsoft Visual C++ x64 and an 86 on the computer. This issue has been resolved.

Unity Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error.jpg

THE2FUN likes this.
  2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

That sounds like a Unity bug... perhaps Unity isn't including the required runtime distributables?

If you report it here nothing will change.

If you file a bug (Help -> Report a bug) it might get fixed.

3. e_babayev

e_babayev

I don't know about it, but I tried baking the lights on the 2021 version, this problem appeared. I said maybe there is a bug in the 2021 version. I installed the 2020 version and tried it. Same thing happened. I tried many solutions written on the internet, the problem was not solved. I installed the computer next to x64 and also x86. It's been two days and the problem seems to be resolved.

4. THE2FUN

THE2FUN

THANKS! IT WORKED

5. ahmetbozkurtjoygame

ahmetbozkurtjoygame

Unfortunately it does not solve the issue. Any help?