Search Unity

Microsoft (R) Visual C# Compiler version 2.9.1.65535 (9d34608e) Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ji-geiko, Apr 26, 2019.

1. ji-geiko

ji-geiko

Hello
    I have a problem. Few day ago, I start unity and this error appear on console:

Microsoft (R) Visual C# Compiler version 2.9.1.65535 (9d34608e)
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    error CS1704: An assembly with the same simple name 'Editor' has already been imported. Try removing one of the references (e.g. 'D:\unity_project\jeux\blabla\Library\ScriptAssemblies\Editor.dll') or sign them to enable side-by-side.
    Assets\Standard Assets\Utility\ForcedReset.cs(6,27): warning CS0618: 'GUITexture' is obsolete: 'This component is part of the legacy UI system and will be removed in a future release.'
    Assets\Standard Assets\Utility\SimpleActivatorMenu.cs(10,16): warning CS0618: 'GUIText' is obsolete: 'This component is part of the legacy UI system and will be removed in a future release.'

I've delete "Library" folder and rebuild my project but the problem still appear.

Do you have any idea how can I fix my issue ?

Thank you

2. ji-geiko

ji-geiko

Ok i have solve the error, just move the folders:
    UnityPurchasing and UnityPurchasing.meta in another folder.

I hope these useful.
    by

3. unity_Kz8sQm7d1kyDHQ

unity_Kz8sQm7d1kyDHQ

Thank you

eleltofik likes this.
  4. Famigames

Famigames

Thank you, exactly you say above. i just need rename the folder project.

5. PEMMC

PEMMC

Simple, I just resolved by deleting the Facebook folder inside the (PLAYBACK) directory of the editor I use.
    This is the Patch:

C: \ Program Files \ Unity \ Hub \ Editor \ 2019.2.3f1 \ Editor \ Data \ PlaybackEngines

FlightOfOne and mouchtach like this.
  6. AUGMENTX

AUGMENTX

Am getting on OSX. Don't have any Facebook folder, no UnityPurchasing and no UnityPurchasing.meta ... :/
    Anyone have any other ideas?
    upload_2019-9-2_22-41-6.png

7. kjmitch

kjmitch

I fixed my issues with this by closing and restarting Unity. Nothing about the error seemed like a real error, and it may indeed be different than those reported above, but I wanted to mention what I did in case it helps.

The error I got listed *only* the compiler version and Microsoft copyright notice lines, I couldn't clear it at all, and I didn't recognize any relevant information in the Editor logs. I got the error today after updating the mono-devel and related packages on my installation of Fedora 30, using Unity 2019.1.7f1.

I've gotten a few odd errors like this after updating that supporting software. They don't say much and don't budge until I restart Unity, after which they disappear. I'm thinking I won't see them anymore after I do a fresh restart of the whole system later tonight.

8. Brayitan123

Brayitan123

9. Ramongus

Ramongus

Hi, in my experience, this error apears when i downloaded the Monetization 3.0 pack. My "package manager" tab in Window->Package Manager it was gone, and i realised that the problem was that i had two different package managing ads, so this cause assembly errors.

So I went to the Package folder of the project, inside i found the "manifest.json" file.
    I got inside the file and deleted the line:
    "com.unity.ads": "2.3.1",

Hope this help.

pd: sorry about my english.

base2lab, Shenae and mcroswell like this.
  10. mcroswell

mcroswell

I'm getting the similar issues (and have for each upgrade of Unity for the past year or so). Note: I've been using Unity since 2009 and these issues are orders of magnitude worse than anything prior added together!

I tried to run a new project using 2019.3.6 and .7 and kept getting these errors. I uninstalled all versions re-installed, made empty projects, template-drive ones, etc, all with the same result. Searching on the internet, submitting bug reports to you - nothing works.

Is this an issue with everyone or what? It's terrible!

---------- Typical Error ---------------- Microsoft (R) Visual C# Compiler version 2.9.1.65535 (9d34608e)
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

error CS0009: Metadata file '/Applications/Unity/2019.3.7f1/Unity.app/Contents/NetStandard/compat/2.0.0/shims/netfx/System.Numerics.dll' could not be opened -- Read out of bounds.
    ------------------------------------------------

-Mike

11. MikeHarrisXR

MikeHarrisXR

I have exactly the same error on Mac OSX 10.13.6

12. ksc_3899

ksc_3899

Just restart the editor. That fixed for me.

13. vanshTandon

vanshTandon

Hello Did you solve it??
    If yes then please help me

mcroswell likes this.
  14. janeshvarmishra

janeshvarmishra

we cant restart editor every time man.

15. honor0102

honor0102

For me , in Windows, there was no description for error and deleting library folder, and restarting windows didn't work
    based on "Florian Lavorel" answer at this topic: https://stackoverflow.com/questions...-0a7-microsoft-visual-c-sharp-compiler-errors I deleted this registry key and done! problem was fixed:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor\AutoRun

it may fix the problem for someone else also :)

Last edited: May 16, 2021
    jmorange, fzq1111, Ovaap and 5 others like this.
  16. ksc_3899

ksc_3899

Yeah, I agree. For me the complaint is very very rare. I've been using Unity for the past 2 years and until now, I have had that issue for 2 or 3 times only. So in that case it's okay if I simply restart my editor. But if it's a persistent error you are constantly having, then you need to find some fix to it.

17. sundhar

sundhar

usually if we create a new c# scirpt or if we delete an existing c# script ,unity will reload....and the error will be cleared...

18. sundhar

sundhar

just edit any of your code or the script that is showing in the console (for example by adding comments or deleting comments like that),then the scripts will get reloaded ...and error will get cleared

19. Purpuraxmax

Purpuraxmax

Screenshot (10).png
    I have the same problem. I tried to reinstall, update and all tipps of this discusion, but nothing worked. It is on every project and also on new created projects on every version. I really want to work on my project. I hope it's not gone forever. Please help. Thanks :| -Purpurax

ServantOfSun likes this.
  20. masmear

masmear

Just restart the editor. that's working for me

21. elbruno

elbruno

Somehow, this also worked for me.
    Thanks

honor0102 likes this.
  22. mcroswell

mcroswell

Well, vanshTandon, not "solved" but I do have a method that works to "fix" it. I simply replace those dll's with earlier versions. Be aware this fixes everything (I'm running 2019 versions and the latest 2020 one) and my stuff works but it can't possibly be the "right" fix. If you're still having troubles contact me directly. - Mike Croswell

23. sinjimonkey

sinjimonkey

I have had this error when building assetbundles for iOS (Works fine for Android). The build fails and because of 'compiler errors' and this is the only error that shows up.

None of the suggestions in this thread have helped.

aymusbond likes this.
  24. Deepscorn

Deepscorn

> Ok i have solve the error, just move the folders:
    > UnityPurchasing and UnityPurchasing.meta in another folder.

When you move UnityPurchasing, Facebook or any other directory with C# scripts in it, you trigger recompile. It's same as changing some of scripts or just right click on directory/script in unity, then choosing Reimport.

My problem was not floating one. It reproduced on 2 computers. So the problem was in code. Sharing my case:

Code (CSharp):
    1. public enum ExplosionType
    2.     {
    3.         Default,
    4.         StarWave
    5.     }
    7.     public class ExplosionEvent : WorldEvent
    8.     {
    9.         public Vector3 Position;
    10.         public float Radius;
    11.         public ExplosionType ExplosionType;
    13.         public ExplosionEvent() {  /* serialization support */ }
    14.         public ExplosionEvent(WorldObject target, in Vector3 position, float radius, ExplosionType type = ExplosionType.Default)
    15.         {
    16.             Target = target;
    17.             Position = position;
    18.             Radius = radius;
    19.             ExplosionType = type;
    20.         }
    21.     }
    The fix is removing default value (ExplosionType.Default) from constructor. For some reason, got this weird error with it (Microsoft (R) Visual C# Compiler version 2.9.1.65535 (9d34608e))

25. LDeam

LDeam

I had this same issue, but when looking closer at the data stored in the key, it had to do with me installing conda and then allowing it to hook into the command prompt in windows. I don't plan on using conda in the future, so deleting this key wasn't a huge deal

honor0102 likes this.
  26. goku107

goku107

27. unity_RpoONMul8LGCOw

unity_RpoONMul8LGCOw

I'm also having same problem. Please help

Microsoft (R) Visual C# Compiler version 2.9.1.65535 (9d34608e) Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

error CS1703: Multiple assemblies with equivalent identity have been imported: 'C:\Users\Chayan\Downloads\texasHoledmPoker-master\texasHoledmPoker-master\cards\Assets\texasHolde\images\Resources\Mysql Package Unity\Plugins\System.Data.dll' and 'C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2019.4.12f1\Editor\Data\MonoBleedingEdge\lib\mono\4.7.1-api\System.Data.dll'. Remove one of the duplicate references.

28. Robiiii

Robiiii

It worked for me, thank you very much!

honor0102 likes this.
  29. Waleedraj

Waleedraj

first remove your project from unity go to project folder double click on any scene in this way your project open in right way and no error occur

30. Deveprof

Deveprof

that's work for me thank you so much

honor0102 likes this.
  31. doreenjeptoo

doreenjeptoo

This has worked for me I had tried everything then saw this and it just clicked, I had recently added an autorun script to the registry. I deleted it and restarted Unity and all is well now. Thanks

honor0102 likes this.
  32. unity_iHInQY6pj4TUrg

unity_iHInQY6pj4TUrg

I HAVE A SOLUTION!!!
    If all solution on the top doesn't work you can try this:
    Don't call folders of your path with a special caractere and dont have a same folder name next to this folder in this path!

PS: Sorry for my english =)

33. khael_leahk

khael_leahk

This one worked for me as well, thanks a bunch guys.

honor0102 likes this.
  34. nurick17

nurick17

I don't understand it, how I can find this path
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor\AutoRun

35. honor0102

honor0102

it's a path in windows registry
    press Windows button+R and type Regedit and find the mentioned key, then delete it

goldcloud144 likes this.
  36. jisase

jisase

Hi, I have the same problem but none of the before solutions have worked... the problem is origin after update the Visual Studio Code of the version 1.55.2 and I use Unity 2020.1.4f1

37. young9484825

young9484825

Thank you very much. I've solved a problem I've been thinking about for two days.:)

honor0102 likes this.
  38. Patrick_Rainer

Patrick_Rainer

Dear all

In my case I had to delete the /Library/PackageCache folder. There were some corrupt files

honor0102 likes this.
  39. spacesimulationandplanetarium

spacesimulationandplanetarium

i have this error :
    crosoft (r) visual c# compiler version 3.5.0-dev-20359-01 (8da8ba0c)

i have it for 1 week, i did everything, but i still have the error.

goldcloud144 likes this.
  40. Quiet-Pixel

Quiet-Pixel

Ran into the same problem today with a project in 2019.4.20f1 that was working fine 2 days ago. Tried uninstalling all versions and reinstalling Unity, even upgrading to 2019.4.28f1 and rebooting repeatedly. No luck.

@LDeam mentioned that Conda was causing his problem. I had installed it a few days ago in attempt to add a plugin I need to build NSIS installers. Looking at Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor\AutoRun, it was pointing to Conda. Deleting that registry key fixed the problem immediately.

honor0102 likes this.
  41. FryAppsLtd

FryAppsLtd

On OSX I went into package manager and removed Advertisement

42. Ovaap

Ovaap

Thanks! This did the trick for me, spent 1.5 days resolving this.

honor0102 likes this.
  43. lightbug14

lightbug14

I have finally managed to fix this stupid error :cool:. None of the solutions (mentioned in this thread) worked for me. That register key everyone is talking about wasn't there.

I'm using Unity 2019 LTS (C# 7.3). Unity 2020 LTS (C# 8) works just fine.

So, it was time to "Debug" (and by that i mean comment/eliminate class by class until the error was gone xD ... i was desperate). Eventually, i found the cause. This was the method causing trouble:
    The declaration:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public int Raycast( out HitInfo hitInfo, Vector3 origin, Vector3 castDisplacement,
    2.        in HitInfoFilter filter , bool useSimpleRaycast = false )
    The caller:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. physicsComponent.Raycast(
    2.             out HitInfo hitInfo ,
    3.             origin ,
    4.             - Up * detectionDistance ,
    5.             in filter
    6.         );
    Important: The "filter" struct is private (declared inside the class).

The Problem:
    Using the "in" keyword inside the caller. If i remove this keyword everything works. Most of the time, you can ignore this keyword since it should be optional. Nevertheless, my OCD demands that keyword to be there :p, so removing it wasn't an option.

Fixes:
    - Not using the "in" keyword
    Code (CSharp):
    3.             origin ,
    5.             filter   //<----------------
    6.         );

- Using the "in" keyword + defining the optional paramer

Code (CSharp):
    3.             origin ,
    5.             in filter ,
    6.             false  //<----------------
    7.         );

- Using the "in" keyword + using a local struct instead of a private one:

Code (CSharp):
    1. HitInfoFilter filter = new HitInfoFilter();   //<----------------
    2. physicsComponent.Raycast(
    3.             out HitInfo hitInfo ,
    4.             origin ,
    5.             - Up * detectionDistance ,
    6.             in filter
    7.         );

I just wanted to share this. It would be interesting to know why exactly this "private struct + in keyword + optional parameter" was causing trouble (C# 8 handled this perfectly).

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    honor0102 likes this.
  44. BurnsCommaLucas

BurnsCommaLucas

I ran into this on Ubuntu 18.04 & 20.04 with Unity 2019LTS, I had a function with a default type and the console would only throw the generic "Microsoft (R) Visual C# Compiler version 2.9.1.65535" error.

45. aka3eka

aka3eka

I just had the issue on MacOS and nothing could fix it - not restart of the Unity editor, not code recompile, computer reboot not event Library folder deletion.
    And I didn't update anything. Just changed my C# code. The problem was in using of "in" parameter modifier for methods. I used it incorrectly and for some reason the compiler couldn't compile it for Unity (but did fin in Visual Studio).

So take a look at you recent code changes.

honor0102 likes this.
  46. Alacer

Alacer

What worked for me (and I tried a ton of things on multiple computers, install, reinstall, different versions and more), was in the unity hub, create a new project, and in the templates download URP (and I also downloaded VR because I was going to need it) and create a URP project. In this particular case I used 2022.1.0a15 but I doubt it matters.

47. SaumyaSaurav

SaumyaSaurav

Assests -> Reimport All.

This fixed the error for me.

honor0102 likes this.
  48. rinatsin

rinatsin

Hello. I got this error too. Occurred after updating the version of a third-party library, when starting the player. I also needed to debug the library code, so I added pdb files to the project. None of the above helped in my case. The problem was solved by removing the libraries from the project along with the pdb and meta files and reassembling them with the generation of new meta files.

I also think that in my case the Managed stripping level setting in Player (https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/ManagedCodeStripping.html) played a key role. It would be nice to hear an explanation from Unity.

49. MomentSum

MomentSum

Thanks. It solved my problem perfectly. However, I think "autorun" should be a command that runs automatically when CMD starts. It points the unity program to a wrong path

honor0102 likes this.
  50. Alejandrx_o

Alejandrx_o

I can't find the command processor folder, after entering the microsoft folder, I can't find it anywhere, any help?