Search Unity

Microphone record permission when switching from Non-VR to VR

Discussion in 'VR' started by diegosdias, Jun 29, 2018.

1. diegosdias

diegosdias

I have an application that starts as Non-VR (to make login easier), and then switches for VR mode.
    When it is on VR mode, I ask for record permissions,(Microphone.start() is used).

If all the application is on VR mode, evertyhing works ok, the permission is asked for the user, and after it accepts, I record their microphone.

However, If I start on Non-VR and then switches for VR, when the permission is asked, the application pauses (as it would for the permission to be accepted), but no permission pop-up window is shown, thus the user cannot continue using the application.

Any tips on how to do it?

2. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

Hi Diegosdias, this sounds like a bug to me. Go ahead and file a new issue for us and put the bug number in here. I will get it looked at. What version of editor are you running?

3. diegosdias

diegosdias

Hey Jason, thanks for the reply (and sorry for nbot looking at it earlier).

I have filed a new issue (Case 1061758).
    I am using Unity 2018.1.5 . Will test soon on 2018.2.0 and let you know.

4. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

Cool, I will get that looked at and pass it along if we can reproduce the issue. We may reach out for more information if it's needed so keep an eye on this thread or your email inbox/spam folder just in case our reply gets caught as spam for some reason.

Thanks for taking the time to report this!