Search Unity

Audio Microphone input conflict

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by DebugDotLog, Nov 2, 2020.

1. DebugDotLog

DebugDotLog

Hello there,

So I have an application that uses photon voice as well as a speech to text library and it seems that those two are not working together. I guess it's because they are both trying to reach the audio input flux from the microphone.
    And so I currently have no idea on how to make those work together.
    Do you guys have any clue or suggestion that would help me out a lot !

Cheers and thanks for your time

2. LexieYocum

LexieYocum

well, I have a mp3 audio recorder that I record lextures with. I goofed and bought the recorder that was not digital . so I'm stuck with playing it by a line in audio earphone jack. I can do it no problems at all with my laptop but for some reason it will not let me do it on this stupid all in one . I don't know if its a setting or a hardware conflict. To check your microphones quality drive mic test online.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  3. jmartinezu

jmartinezu

It sounds like you're having trouble getting two audio-related libraries, Photon Voice and a speech-to-text library, to work together in your application. It's possible that both libraries are trying to access the microphone at the same time, which could be causing conflicts.
    You can try to try using a virtual audio device to route the audio input from the microphone to both libraries simultaneously. This can be done using a tool like VB-Audio Virtual Cable or a similar software that allows you to create virtual audio devices.