Search Unity

MG Patcher

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mihanocho, Mar 21, 2015.

?

Do you like MGPatcherTools,?

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. mihanocho

mihanocho

MGPatcherTools- Light almost ready. Working on localization.

2. BlueScreenISU

BlueScreenISU

Hello,

using MGPatcherTools for a few days now.
    Applied a bigger patch today after successfully tested it with a few smaller ones.
    When the patching starts it hangs at 99% and does kind of freeze the app afterwards.
    Can you help me?

rtb@gmx.de

Blue

3. mihanocho

mihanocho

Hi! Please tell the size of the patch? And I would advise you to wait until September 12. The release of the new version which will work with Unity 5.4

4. BlueScreenISU

BlueScreenISU

H
    Hi, I am stuck at Unity 5.3 for now, because 5.4 screws up a lot of things for me, but thanks.
    My latest attempt to patch my game stalls at 4% while "deleting the output_log.txt".
    The patch is several Mb in size, the log is 40MB for some reason.
    I think it's because it is writing to while the patcher is trying to delete it. :/

Blue

5. mihanocho

mihanocho

Hello! You start app from "content" folder?

6. BlueScreenISU

BlueScreenISU

yes I do.
    It stalls regularly while trying to delelte the output_log.txt
    I fixed the problem with the log file being written to. It's small.
    :(

7. mihanocho

mihanocho

You don't have to launch the app from the folder content. Copy and run elsewhere.

8. BlueScreenISU

BlueScreenISU

I know, but shouldnt it work from there too?

9. mihanocho

mihanocho

Send me an email tomorrow you will receive MGPatcherTools new!

10. BlueScreenISU

BlueScreenISU

emailed you. The patcher now stalls at "Completion Download" or something. Hangs at 99%. :(
    not very reliable so far, users are already pissed :( Cant figure out why it freezes the game so often. :(

11. mihanocho

mihanocho

Hello! Remove this version, tomorrow I'll give you a new version MGPatcherTools. With it you will not have problems!!! Thanks for use MGPatcherTools. Very stable. Some screenshorts:
    upload_2016-9-11_20-9-8.png

12. mihanocho

mihanocho

13. BlueScreenISU

BlueScreenISU

Ok, waiting for the new version then and will try it out.
    Thanks for response.
    Blue

14. nerbs1991

nerbs1991

When is the new patch coming out, i'm just waiting on this patch to release my game ad was under the impression is came out on the 12th, did that ate change?

15. mihanocho

mihanocho

You can get new version. Send me: mihanocho@gmail.com. I need invoice NO. In assetstore will be available later!

16. Flamacore

Flamacore

Hi there :) I am planning to purchase your set right now but only a simple question causes me to stop; Can it work with Unity 5.1.3?

See we have a project which we've been working on for about a year now and cannot update due to many things getting scrambled after the update (tried, and desperately failed :) ). So we need it for 5.1.3... Can you help us around here? :)

Also, we will be switching from Dark Patcher to you as the developer of that project seems to be pretty much unresponsive nowadays.

17. mihanocho

mihanocho

Hello! Purchase and send me an email I'll send a fresh project. It works on all versions of unity 5.x. If you have any problems or difficulties I will help you via teamviewer or skype. Sorry for the late reply been very busy. We are waiting for you in our circles;)

18. mihanocho

mihanocho

New version available in AssetStore!

carsenk, Cyance and tequyla like this.
  19. carsenk

carsenk

Just purchased! Trying to do my first build/patch, im running into this error in the console upon trying to add my first Windows build (clicking the start button, the folder with the plus sign)

Code (CSharp):
    1. Parent directory must exist before creating asset at Assets/MGPatcherTools-Standart/MGPatcherClient/Resources/MGPatcherData.asset.
    2. UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:CreateAsset(Object, String)
    3. MGWindowBase:InitMGPD() (at C:/Users/mihai/OneDrive/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/MGPatcherToolsLibEditor/MGPatcherToolsLibEditor/Windows/MGWindowBase.cs:61)
    4. MGWindowBase:get_MGPD() (at C:/Users/mihai/OneDrive/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/MGPatcherToolsLibEditor/MGPatcherToolsLibEditor/Windows/MGWindowBase.cs:10)
    5. MGPatcherBuilder.Core.Platforms.MGPlatformBase:SaveData() (at C:/Users/mihai/OneDrive/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/MGPatcherToolsLibEditor/MGPatcherToolsLibEditor/Core/Platforms/MGPlatformBase.cs:37)
    6. MGPatcherBuilder.Core.Platforms.MGPlatformWINX86:BuildGame(Boolean) (at C:/Users/mihai/OneDrive/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/MGPatcherToolsLibEditor/MGPatcherToolsLibEditor/Core/Platforms/MGPlatformWINX86.cs:37)
    7. MGPatchBuilderWindowPlatform:Update() (at C:/Users/mihai/OneDrive/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/MGPatcherToolsLibEditor/MGPatcherToolsLibEditor/Windows/MGPatchBuilderWindowPlatform.cs:196)
    8. UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()
    10. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    11. MGPatcherBuilder.Core.Platforms.MGPlatformBase.SaveData () (at C:/Users/mihai/OneDrive/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/MGPatcherToolsLibEditor/MGPatcherToolsLibEditor/Core/Platforms/MGPlatformBase.cs:37)
    12. MGPatcherBuilder.Core.Platforms.MGPlatformWINX86.BuildGame (Boolean deletePDB) (at C:/Users/mihai/OneDrive/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/MGPatcherToolsLibEditor/MGPatcherToolsLibEditor/Core/Platforms/MGPlatformWINX86.cs:37)
    13. MGPatchBuilderWindowPlatform.Update () (at C:/Users/mihai/OneDrive/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/MGPatcherToolsLibEditor/MGPatcherToolsLibEditor/Windows/MGPatchBuilderWindowPlatform.cs:196)
    14. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    15. Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    16. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    17. System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    18. UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:187)
    19. UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:180)
    20. UnityEditor.HostView.SendUpdate () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:245)
    21. UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorApplicationBindings.gen.cs:222)
    Fixed this issue by creating a Resources folder in the location MGPatcherTools-Standart/MGPatcherClient/Resources

So far so good, awesome tool, going to test it further once build is finished! :)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  20. mihanocho

mihanocho

Hello! Sorry for this little problem! I'll check the folder in the future!

carsenk likes this.
  21. carsenk

carsenk

Im getting this error now when trying to patch up my game

Starting Version build: 1.0

Latest patch build: 1.0.1

version and .patch file are uploaded via FTP, the .patch file is only 22bytes though? I did only make some very small setting changes just to test

It is detecting the update it seems but when I click update, I see this error in the error area:

Better view of the error from output_logs.txt:

Code (CSharp):
    2. System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
    3. Parameter name: entry
    4.   at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile.GetInputStream (ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipEntry entry) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    5.   at MGPatcherClient.Core.MGExtractFile.ExtractData (ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile zf, System.String entry_name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    6.   at MGPatcherClient.Core.MGPatcher.PatchProcess (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 patches, System.String appFolder, System.Action`2 callback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  22. mihanocho

mihanocho

Hello! Check link http://your host/Win/x64 or x86/gamename_1_0_1_0_1.patch

carsenk likes this.
  23. carsenk

carsenk

Got it working by using .zip instead of the .patch, works smoothly, great asset!

24. carsenk

carsenk

I cannot get this window to go away after opening it at one point

I keep getting this error as well anytime I click on the window to make it active:
    Code (CSharp):
    2. IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    3. MGProgressControll.OnGUI () (at C:/Users/mihai/OneDrive/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/MGPatcherToolsLibEditor/MGPatcherToolsLibEditor/Windows/MGProgressControll.cs:92)
    4. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    I do believe the error lies within your code and something to do with onGUI, let me know if you get a fix out! :)

(It does remain there even after closing out my project completely and closing out of Unity3D completely) I am running version 5.4.1p2

25. mihanocho

mihanocho

Hello! Thank you for find bug! I fixed this ;) Send me on email. I send you libs!

26. carsenk

carsenk

Sent you a message with my email address! :) Thanks!

27. mihanocho

mihanocho

I send you!

carsenk likes this.
  28. Darkworth

Darkworth

Will the visual studio and dropbox addons still work with this newest version?

29. mihanocho

mihanocho

I send to AssetStore new versions addons!

30. Darkworth

Darkworth

OK, cool thanks, couple of questions:
    1. Does the dropbox addon work in the normal patcher or only with the Visual Studio addon?
    2. If I send you my invoice number, can you send me the update now by chance? Need to get the patcher implemented before moving on to next item.
    3. In the normal ftp patching process, any idea what would cause it to go through the upload, report it as done and successful, yet no files were actually uploaded to the server?
    Thanks

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  31. mihanocho

mihanocho

1. For Standart version only Visual Studio. This available in MGPatcherTools-Pro
    2.Yes
    3. Off FTP in patcher settings

32. Darkworth

Darkworth

I sent you an email (from darkworth000@gmail.com) earlier with my invoice # but ill put it here too. 302730191

And ty :)

33. spelljv

spelljv

Hello,
    how can we ignore files or folders? We don't want to delete some Json files created in runtime. We are always losing this files every update.

34. mihanocho

mihanocho

This available in Pro version!

35. spelljv

spelljv

How? Where we can find this option?

36. mihanocho

mihanocho

Soon will be available in the AssetStore!

37. TaylorBW

TaylorBW

Hi! I just setup MG Patcher and am not sure if I'm doing anything wrong?
    I'm getting this error when I patch on OSX... i'm not sure if it's like a permissions problem or something!

It's happening when it tries to open the patch, after downloading! Which i've renamed to the extension .bnp

38. mihanocho

mihanocho

Hello! Update patcher from AssetStore!

39. TaylorBW

TaylorBW

Hello!!! I just did again, to uhm 5.1-- I'm still getting the same error though. Also, thanks for the prompt reply!

40. Anubis75

Anubis75

my settings:
    Windows 10, Unity 5.5 Beta, internet IPV6
    With IP-V i have a problem, if the patch will upload, i got this message:

Upload Error: System.Net.WebException: Server returned an error: 425 You cannot use PASV on IPv6 connections. Use EPSV instead.
    at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.InitDataConnection () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.OpenDataConnection () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.UploadData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.ProcessMethod () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.ProcessRequest () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    MGPatcherBuilder.Core.Upload.MGFTPUtils:UploadAsync(String, String, UploadInformation, Action`2) (at C:/Users/mihai/OneDrive/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/MGPatcherToolsLibEditor/MGPatcherToolsLibEditor/Core/Upload/MGFTPUtils.cs:125)
    MGPatcherBuilder.Core.Upload.<>c__DisplayClass4_0:<Upload>b__0() (at C:/Users/mihai/OneDrive/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/MGPatcherToolsLibEditor/MGPatcherToolsLibEditor/Core/Upload/MGFTPUtils.cs:41)

if i connect the internet with IP-V4 works fine (the upload)

I Upload the patch with IPv4, ok. Test the client to patch => no feedback.
    Test the client with IPv6, error see picture.

Attached Files:

• fail.JPG
      fail.JPG
      File size:
      39.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  41. mihanocho

mihanocho

The 403 error. Access your files on the server is prohibited. Try to change the rules.

42. TaylorBW

TaylorBW

Sorry to post again so soon! I'm wondering if you could point me in the right direction for the IsolatedStorageException? I'm going to try it out on a different OS soon! It's just the thing I'm currently working on.

43. mihanocho

mihanocho

Hello! Start app with Administrator rules!

44. Anubis75

Anubis75

The Solution is:
    1. Create .htaccess
    2. Edit the .htaccess and add "Options +Indexes"

But the problem with ipv4/ipv6 is not solved. you will fix it?

PS: If i use a nativ IPv6 Internet Connection, to my server its works now... but realy you havet o fix this problem with the passive mode. filezilla can handle it also.

PSS:
    Upload Error: System.Net.WebException: Server returned an error: 425 You cannot use PASV on IPv6 connections. Use EPSV instead.

grr.....

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  45. TaylorBW

TaylorBW

An update! It appears the IsolatedStorageException came from the "gamename" in the PatcherBuilder being different than the .app name!

I'm running into this problem now though ERROR: INVALID PATCH FILE and i'm not sure if it's because i'm not using the separate patcher? (I will test more soon)

I have a question about the separate patcher though-- it can't update itself, can it? Do people have to re-download a patcher if it changes?

46. mihanocho

mihanocho

Yes

47. mihanocho

mihanocho

MG Patcher Tools - Pro
    Added new function:
    upload_2016-10-15_15-14-33.png

48. mihanocho

mihanocho

MG Patcher Tools - Pro contains:

-MG Patcher

-MG Patcher Launcher (Separate)

-MG Addon Visual Studio

-MG Addon DropBox

-6 Languages

-Open source
    upload_2016-10-15_17-2-35.png

49. Anubis75

Anubis75

Hello,

this is now my 3rd post about this issue, whats about the IPV-4/IP-V6 problem?
    see from my other posts:

PS: If i use a nativ IPv6 Internet Connection, to my server its works now... but realy you havet o fix this problem with the passive mode. filezilla can handle it also.

PSS:
    i hope i get a anwser this time.

Kind Regards

50. mihanocho

mihanocho

I hear you. This problem will solve in next update. Please use nativ mode now.

Anubis75 likes this.