Search Unity

MG Patcher

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mihanocho, Mar 21, 2015.

?

Do you like MGPatcherTools,?

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. PeterShoferistov

PeterShoferistov

Got some strange problems with the updates.
    I've build a few patches (1.0.0.0-1.0.0.3) on one computer. After that I've changed my workspace to another computer (both computers had windows 10 x64 and latest unity 5.4) and build another patches (1.0.0.4, 1.0.0.5).
    Now if I'm trying to update from, for example, version 1.0.0.0, I'm getting stuck on updating to 1.0.0.4 , with an error.
    But if I'm running an app with version 1.0.0.4, it updates normally without any problems to 1.0.0.5.
    How can I solve this issue?

Here is the screenshot:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0nw9fulx2vo37u/Screenshot 2016-03-30 15.05.33.png?dl=0

2. mihanocho

mihanocho

You copied the files from the folder MGPatcherBuilder->Win->x64->contents to another computer? If you run the application from the folder contents?

3. PeterShoferistov

PeterShoferistov

I haven't copied anything because I'm running the same project from one single external hdd

4. mihanocho

mihanocho

The fact that the program has no older versions to compare.

5. Twois

Twois

Hello!

We try to use the patcher, but always got en error. We can create the first patch, but after when we try to create the next (second) patch we got the error. You can see the error message on the attached images.

An other strange thing is, when I delete all version in the tool window and restart the unity, the tool see the versions again. I delete everything what is possibly cause this (Prefab setting, and files from MgPatcherBuilder directory and also from FTP), but the patcher tool always see...

Attached Files:

6. mihanocho

mihanocho

I answered mail. The problem was the compile errors of the project. If someone will come out this error, check the error console. Thanks!

7. mihanocho

mihanocho

Hi all! Wanted to know what would you like to add or improve in the package?:)

8. mihanocho

mihanocho

MGPatcherTools Price -$8.75

9. NightmarexGR

NightmarexGR

I just purchased and can't download it for unity 5.1.3
    can you do something about this ?
    Do you have live support , such as skype ?

10. NightmarexGR

NightmarexGR

I did download unity 5.3.2 JUST TO TEST , i am not willing to move my project in his version but i am getting errors anyways :

Assets/MGPatcherTools/MGPatcher/MGListener.cs(10,12): error CS1729: The type `System.Diagnostics.TraceListener' does not contain a constructor that takes `0' arguments

(after fixing with a temporary solution) i get :
    Assets/MGPatcherTools/MGPatcher/MGTorrent.cs(67,26): error CS0117: `System.IO.File' does not contain a definition for `ReadAllBytes'

Assets/MGPatcherTools/MGPatcher/MGTorrent.cs(84,40): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `MonoTorrent.BEncoding.BEncodedValue.Decode<MonoTorrent.BEncoding.BEncodedDictionary>(byte[])' has some invalid arguments

+6 more

Windows 7 x32
    Unity pro both 5.1.3 and 5.3.2

11. mihanocho

mihanocho

Please write your Skype in a PM

12. mihanocho

mihanocho

13. ftejada

ftejada

Hello!

I'm having brand new problems with his tool.

I make offline patches ... we saw it on page 5 of your forum. I have updated the tool to the current version and see that things work differently and has not updated its manual. For example is not the option "Scene setting" ...

Anyway, I try to do builds with its asset of my game, but the button "Play" does not load the scene of my game. I put a small video to know what I mean.

I beg you please help me, greetings.

14. mihanocho

mihanocho

Hello! Sorry for the late reply. The problem is easily solved. You have in global settings parameter "Index Start Scene" is in position 0. upload_2016-6-7_8-50-16.png
    This means that the function "LoadGameScene" will load 0 scene.
    upload_2016-6-7_8-52-0.png
    In your case you need to change 1 the parameter "Index Start Scene". Thanks a lot!

15. ftejada

ftejada

Hi! thanks for answer
    I understand what you say but can not find the parameter "index start scene". Can you tell me where it is?
    regards

16. mihanocho

mihanocho

expand the "Upload patch to server..." it is above the button "Create patches"

ftejada likes this.
  17. ftejada

ftejada

Ok. Thanks

Another thing...
    How I can do that when click Update and finished updating, the game starts directly instead of having to manually close the initial window of your asset and then having to click the .exe of the application?

regards

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  18. mihanocho

mihanocho

This can be done but I suggest everyone to restart the game after updating.

19. ftejada

ftejada

Why? You can generate a bug?
    It would be great for a next update your asset

20. mihanocho

mihanocho

Because after the program changes it should restart to avoid accidental errors. I can show you how to disable the restart.

21. ftejada

ftejada

If you please show me, I will test some projects.

Of what type of errors we would be talking about?

regards

22. mihanocho

mihanocho

The game may not load some objects. Wrong texture mapping and other bugs. Which will disappear after restarting the game. This occurs very rarely but is possible. Users may not like it.

Attached Files:

23. ftejada

ftejada

Ok. Thanks

24. mihanocho

mihanocho

Add DropBox support

25. mihanocho

mihanocho

MG Patcher Tools - Pro NEW version 4.0.0.0

#AssetStore : u3d.as/cov
    #Unity3D #Gamedev

Konst likes this.
  26. J_P_

J_P_

Is this officially supported yet? A while ago I started customizing the patcher to fit my own needs so I haven't really kept up and I'm still running an older version, but if this still isn't possible I found a way to do it myself.

Let me know if you want me to explain how I did it.

27. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

I stopped updating after I added that functionality to my own code. We have to deploy that full game each time so we stopped pulling the updates in since it didn't have it built in. Would be nice if it was available now.

28. mihanocho

mihanocho

Hello! Why did you decide that this is not available. If you need patches start_version_1.0.0,start_version_1.1.0,etc. Select "DirectUpdate". If you need something else do the patches manually" Handmake"

29. mihanocho

mihanocho

Please write here

30. mihanocho

mihanocho

Level 11! Please review! It will greatly help me!

31. mihanocho

mihanocho

Create installer with MGPatcherTools

32. launchpad

launchpad

Hi,
    I purchased MG Patcher some time ago. This is the first opportunity I have had to try it.
    I am test at trivial update where I just change the version number.

It patches fine, sends to the server fine, and downloads the patch fine, but never gets past the following:

upload_2016-8-7_19-8-55.png

Can you tell me how to get around this error. Our program is running fine.

33. vicenterusso

vicenterusso

Can I request more updated tutorial videos (and or) documentation? It seems a bit outdated to me

34. mihanocho

mihanocho

Hello! You start the app from the "contents"? Please never start the game in the folder "contents". Make version again.

35. mihanocho

mihanocho

Hello!
    Tutorial for build patches.

Tutorial for create patcher scene.

36. launchpad

launchpad

I had tried other locations. I remade the versions and tried from another location. Same problem

upload_2016-8-9_17-5-48.png

Edit: I removed most the scenes (12) and just left the first 3 (splash, login, menu). Still same problem at a different level. Tried changing file attributes, running as administrator with no success. The program is still running fine, just can't complete the patch.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  37. mihanocho

mihanocho

Have you tried to update the patcher scene?

38. launchpad

launchpad

Note: Create file CurrentVersion (no extension) not CurrentVersion.txt as in video

39. launchpad

launchpad

All good.
    Worked in your demo patcher scene using external launcher. Moved the problem internal update scene to its own scene (instead of being part of an existing panel) and fixed the above issue. Very happy with the MGPatcher now that I have a handle on how it all works. Thanks, Peter

hopeful likes this.
  40. mihanocho

mihanocho

Please review in the AssetStore

41. mihanocho

mihanocho

My user create and upload patch >4GB. WOW!
    upload_2016-8-10_20-11-12.png

42. mihanocho

mihanocho

By the end of the week launched a beta test. New global update. To write leave application mihanocho@gmail.com. We accept everyone!

Lohrion likes this.
  43. Lohrion

Lohrion

Beta test for what exactly? :)

44. mihanocho

mihanocho

New core. Update files bigest 4GB. A lot of improvements!

hopeful likes this.
  45. hurleybird

hurleybird

Getting an error... Looks like it's mixing up backwards and forward slashes? This is after downloading the patch from the server by the way.

Also, is it possible to only use FTP? Can I avoid exposing patches to a publicly visible HTTP address?

Also, my game uses an external data folder. I can use hand make to build patches taking this into account, but I'm at a loss on how I would go about creating the initial version...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  46. mihanocho

mihanocho

Hello! All HTTP data, and others are not available to the user. They are stored directly in the GameBuild. For create start version hanmake. Create empty folder with name "start_version". And create patch start_version_1....patch. I recommend to wait for the new version. New stable kernel.

47. dobcs

dobcs

Hello,

I am trying your patch tool to create a separate patcher.
    My problem is that the patcher is trying to download a file called:

TestGameExternal_0_0_0b_0_0_0.patch

but it should be trying to download the file on the server generated by the MG Patcher tool called:

TestGameExternal_start_version_0_0_0.patch

I have tried several times to change the CurrentVersion.txt file content to 'start_version' and editing the MGPatcher.asset Current_version_string to 'start_version'.

please advise

48. mihanocho

mihanocho

Hello! Check field "is_separate_program" In the "MGPatcherScript". Set this parameter to True.

49. dobcs

dobcs

Hi,

I managed to fix the issue.

The issue turned out to be the 'CurrentVersion.txt' file.
    I created the file as per the documentation with the .txt extension but MGPatcherScript in your plugin reference 'CurrentVersion' without the .txt extension.

Also the text editor I used also seems to encode the file incorrectly as removing the .txt extension after the file had been created did not resolve the issue, the file had to be created without the extension from the text editor.
    Maybe a Mac thing as I am building on an iMac for x64 for my tests.

The Separate Patcher now works like a charm and I have an internal and external patching tool working.

I will be working on getting a torrent version working next and once successful will leave an asset store review.

Attached Files:

50. mihanocho

mihanocho

Hello! Now I'm working on a major update MG Patcher Tools. . I fixed all the shortcomings. I think you will enjoy the following update.

hopeful likes this.