Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2020.2 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Method not found (after updating TextMeshPro)

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Neo-Dragon, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Neo-Dragon

Neo-Dragon

EDIT:
    Sorry, I found the package in here that worked.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1iR_Z6pySn2aXg1SkIxc3Bmc3c/view

Original Post:
    I recently updated to the latest version of TextMesh Pro after updating to Unity 2017.
    I can no longer see any of my old text and can't create any new text.
    I'm getting this error (would love help).

"
    MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEditor.MaterialEditor.BeginAnimatedCheck'.
    TMPro.EditorUtilities.TMP_BaseShaderGUI.DoColor (System.String name, System.String label)
    TMPro.EditorUtilities.TMP_SDFShaderGUI.DoFacePanel ()
    TMPro.EditorUtilities.TMP_SDFShaderGUI.DoGUI ()
    TMPro.EditorUtilities.TMP_BaseShaderGUI.OnGUI (UnityEditor.MaterialEditor materialEditor, UnityEditor.MaterialProperty[] properties)
    UnityEditor.MaterialEditor.PropertiesGUI () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/MaterialEditor.cs:1459)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    "

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    PhannGor and Stephan_B like this.
  2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Unity Technologies

Until TextMesh Pro is included with new Unity releases, TMP users will need to continue to update TMP to the matching version of Unity. Sometimes, a previous release can work with a new version of Unity but most of the time, some API changes on the Unity Engine or Editor side which requires a new version of TMP to handle this change.

unityunity