Search Unity

Games Metatron: Salvation - scrolling shooter for mobile devices (first game ever)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by djweaver, Oct 6, 2020.

1. djweaver

djweaver

Metatron: Salvation will be a scrolling shooter with (eventually) rpg-like stat progression. Think experience points, levels, different weapons/shields. Still going back and forth as to whether or not I want to implement a time attack clock mode.

Gameplay so far:

I appreciate any and all feedback. Some things I am clueless on are how to monetize and how to optimize it for different screen sizes. Also want to implement some form of scoreboard. Right now I'm testing on my blackberry keyone which is 1080x1620 aspect ratio, which I'm thinking is probably a weird reso considering most modern smartphones don't have a keyboard lol.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  2. RubenVanOostveen

RubenVanOostveen

Looks nice to start with. I assume its a phone game. In the first 20 seconds I though the health bar was your "Ground" maybe change the health bar to top or make it from left to fully right. And turn down the music a little bit. Its a cool song but with all the other sounds together it's well... less comfortable. I like your particles such as the butterfly never seen that before! Keep it up

djweaver likes this.
  3. djweaver

djweaver

@RubenVanOostveen Thank you! And yeah listening to it now, the soundtrack is probably a bit too high. it does get kinda crowded, I can hear some clipping too...I'm still not that great at isolating freqs for orchestrations. Pipe organ is tricky

I assume by the butterfly you mean the main avatar. its actually a very crude representation of ezekiels description of the visage of an angel... albeit a pretty bad one at that, being that my blender skills are pretty limited. But it works for now I guess. I'm dreading going back into blender to do enemies... not sure what they will be modeled after... maybe stone statues of disjointed/disfigured humans frozen in time or somesuch. Once I get better at shader graph I wanna make like a faster "wraith" enemy that zips around, maybe even teleports to do quick shots at the player... maybe with a smokey particle effect or something rather than a full on 3d model. (might be easier)

Anyways, I'm rambling lol... thanks again.

4. RubenVanOostveen

RubenVanOostveen

Yeah lemme know when your game comes out for release would love to play it!

djweaver likes this.
  5. djweaver

djweaver

-added new enemy models

also awaiting approval on google play console for internal testing and I am supremely confused by the whole process. Once I find out its functional when delivered via app store, I will think about doing a closed testing run

the goal is to launch before halloween or i get evicted, whichever comes first lol

6. RubenVanOostveen

RubenVanOostveen

00:44 Your "Wings" go trough your shield maybe make the shield bigger. And add a Really small hp bar under the gravestones/ enemies (Purple will be good fitting) this way if someone shoots they know when the stone is gonna break. this way the player can make a strategy before he gets hit.

djweaver likes this.
  7. djweaver

djweaver

-began major refactoring
    -changed aspect ratio to more common 9:16
    -added transitions and loading for scenes (still need to figure out what to do about missing camera during transitions)
    -added speech and dialog

The groans and voice stuff sounded a bit too much like Alucard so I recorded some new stuff along with phrases in a higher pitch that I think sounds more appropriate. The first phrase is referring to the "Purgatory" level (currently the only level) and will be spoken upon level entry. The rest of the phrases will be randomly played (with rare frequency) upon defeating enemies and subsequently absorbing their souls. I'm treading a fine line between morbidity and positivity but the overall theme is supposed to be suggestive of the fact that Metatron is not a destroyer of his enemies but rather a savior of their trapped souls. Not sure if that is being portrayed here though. Its kind of tough to get that across. Anyways lemme know what you think:

RubenVanOostveen likes this.
  8. RubenVanOostveen

RubenVanOostveen

It looks dope. But I don't know if you are gonna use these voice lines in separate parts. if not it might be a bit long. or make it as someone sees it when they start the game up for the first time. This is really dope! I look forward to playing this!

djweaver likes this.