Search Unity

MetaMorph Animation toolkit update for Blender 2.58

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by foolish-frost, Jun 23, 2011.

1. foolish-frost

foolish-frost

While no real changes are applied to metamorph for unity, the Blender export script needed an update to version 2.58 of blender.

You can find the update here:
    http://www.rezzable.com/metamorph/downloads

Enjoy. Hope you're finding it useful!

2. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

Hi There
    Trying your system but Iam failing at the first hurdle :) New to Blender so that probably explains it, but I dropped the py script into addons, started blender, went to user pref/addons/import/export and I can see the metamorph script in the list but I cant check the box to install it. Any ideas? This is Blender 2.58 for windows.
    Mike

3. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

Not sure if I did the right thing but I commented out the line - from io_utils import ImportHelper - as it was giving an error and I can now enable it but I don't see anything in the Object Data bit of blender when I select the object. Any ideas?
    Mike

4. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

Has anyone got this to work, I really want to try it but I cant see the option to export data anywhere!

5. foolish-frost

foolish-frost

Did you use the script from the metamorph package from the unity store?

6. foolish-frost

foolish-frost

Oh, just read your post more carefully. You didn't download the updated script for blender 2.58. Go to the page and look at the most recent update. Download that. Install it. That's what you need.

7. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

Arr silly me didnt get the right file, ok done that, I can tick the check box now but I still cant see on the object data box where I actually do the export. Sorry but Iam new to blender so am I missing something obvious.
    Mike

8. foolish-frost

foolish-frost

Yup. Just go to file -> Export. It was moved to follow Blender guidelines for export options. Also have a few more checkboxes, but it's fairly easy to figure out.