Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Games Metal Mutation - ACT Roguelike Game

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by T0studio, Feb 9, 2022.

1. T0studio

T0studio

Hi guys, we are a newly started small team with 6 people. Inspired by Hades and Curse of the Dead Gods, we began to use Unity to develop our first ACT-Roguelike Game called Metal Mutation four months ago.

This game is mainly a single-player game, with adding features allowing up to 4 players playing online. Players will use random weapons, ability props and flashy combos to kill mutative monsters.

Here are some scenes from our games. Feedback appreciated!

Hopefully the demo will be available in late March or early April. Thank you in advance for any comments or advices!

游戏截图1.jpg 游戏截图5.jpg screenshot-20220105-111804.png screenshot-20220105-111934.png
    screenshot-20220105-111900.png

2. T0studio

T0studio

Adding more detail to some scenes.;)
    Quick question: do the drops seem kinda distracting?
    Advice and ideas appreciated!

Or you can chat with us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/MetalMutation) or Discord (https://discord.gg/Xy9d557cdR)

Finally a big hug for Hikiko66 and mikethorne23, thank you so much for supporting!

水滴细节1.png

水滴细节2.png

水滴细节3.png

Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
  3. impheris

impheris

nice... very nice

4. T0studio

T0studio

Glad that you like it!

impheris likes this.
  5. impheris

impheris

Is there any demo? i would like to try it

6. T0studio

T0studio

Hi! Unfortunately, the demo is still on the way. I'll let you know when it is ready. We definitely want more feedback and advice. Stay tuned! And thank you again for having an interest in our game.

7. T0studio

T0studio

Adding more details to the new scene. Enjoy some stylish combat with flashy combos. Comments and advice are highly appreciated!

8. impheris

impheris

Well it looks very nice, but if you want good feedback we need a demo to play... so go work harder :mad: and give us a demo!

:p

9. T0studio

T0studio

Roger that!

10. T0studio

T0studio

Bugs can always be fun, only when they don't drive you crazy!
    Wish you a lovely weekend.

11. T0studio

T0studio

Even with all these errors reported, we managed to make some progress in our co-op function.:D

12. praisesuleiman

praisesuleiman

Just keep up the good work and God will help you finish it

13. T0studio

T0studio

Somehow they would disappear or be replaced by some other errors eventually!:p

impheris likes this.
  14. impheris

impheris

:D:D

15. T0studio

T0studio

Our first English version Demo is finally available on Steam! https://store.steampowered.com/app/1840790/Metal_Mutation/
    Come on and try it!

We don't have the budget for a professional translator ... So, every word in the game is self-translated.
    I've tried my best to make it sound less weird:oops:

Antypodish likes this.
  16. impheris

impheris

so you are working harder... cool. I'm waiting for the demo

17. T0studio

T0studio

It is available on Steam now. You may try it when you have time! Looking forward to your feedback:p

18. impheris

impheris

Hi, i tried your game, i made some notes:
    You need to show the player what are the buttons to navigate through the menu. Also you need to make the menu accesible with the d-pad.
    There is also a bug after the loading screen it turns black and never load the game, i had to restart.
    I think you need a better way to show the story of the game, at least better than wall texts.
    Graphics are very cool, i like the movement and the fight but the gameplay is a bit repetitive.
    You need to clarify the skill´s descriptions too.

19. T0studio

T0studio

Thank you for trying the demo! And thank you so much for your feedback, I'll try to cover them as follows:
    We've added a simple new player navigation, but it's still rough and we'll continue polishing that. The menu can be accessed through the 'menu' button or 'function' button on D-pad. If this still couldn't work, please let me know the type of your d-pad.
    We'll look into the loading problem, this is indeed quite disturbing for playing!
    At the current stage, we may not have much time optimising the story, basically they're in wall texts and NPC conversation. If we acquired funding in the future, I think maybe adding some dubbing may help?
    The online co-op gameplay is on the way! When it's available I'll let you know, welcome to try that.;)
    Regarding the clarification of the skills, it may due to our translation. We don't have enough budget for a professional translator, so the current version is translated by ourselves. It definitely may create confusion and we do apologise for that. Hopefully we'll optimising that when we get the funding!
    Thank you again for your playing!

20. T0studio

T0studio

21. impheris

impheris

Ok so, is not a demo, from what i'm understanding, is a public beta version. you need to clarify that. A demo is when the game is finished and players can try it before buying it. So gamers who play this thinking is a demo, they won't care about your game anymore

22. T0studio

T0studio

Thank you so much for bringing this up! We indeed see the demo as one kind of playtest version since we'll launch the EA version first in July. We'll put this on the announcement or notice. Thank you again for your attention.

impheris likes this.
  23. T0studio

T0studio

impheris likes this.