Search Unity

Question Meta Quest Problems with URP Unity 2021.3.x and 2020.2.x

Discussion in 'VR' started by ChescoRed, Feb 21, 2023.

1. ChescoRed

ChescoRed

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for your help.

I'm having a lot of problems with the URP integration in Unity version 2021.3.- (currently 18f, but I've been testing since 15F with the same results and Oculus Integration v48 and v49 version). I also have the same problem in 2020.2.-

The most striking and strange is when I launch the compilation sometimes the images go to jumps. A simple scene, a plane and a cube without textures, and moving the scene seems to not get you to the FPS.

The strangest thing yet is that if I turn the viewer off and on (not restarting, just pressing the off button and turning it on immediately) the problem is resolved and I stop seeing "bumps" and everything is fluid.

It also stops giving problems by pressing the Oculus button and in the menu instead of leaving I press resume.

I say sometimes because launching the build sometimes looks good. If I exit and reopen the application from the Oculus menu, I have problems again.

In the URP configuration I have removed all the processed pots, I use Mixed light, although in Real Time or Baked it gives the same problem and the rest of the configuration as indicated by Meta Quest for Quality.

On the other hand, if I don't use URP, that is, I create a "normal" 3D project, the problem is never reproduced and I see everything fluently.

I am also testing App Space Warp, and the problem is also reproduced the same, image jumps.

On the OVR Metric Tools screen I do not see any problem, the FPS does not drop, the GPU does not go up, everything seems normal, I have even recorded on video but the recording does not show the problem.

Does anyone know what is happening?

Greetings and thank you very much for your collaboration.

2. DevDunk

DevDunk

1. Stick to the latest 2021.3 lts, so that new performance fixes can be pushed

2. Check the profiler and see if you can get some data there

3. Maybe it's just some wrong settings. If you want a decent starting project, you can check out my app spacewarp demo project (you can simply remove the custom URP packages and then it will use the latest URP):
    https://github.com/smitdylan2001/ApplicationSpaceWarp/tree/2021.3

4. If it's just on a blank project and all settings are optimized (especially turning off SSAO in the URP renderer asset), then make a bug report so it can be fixed.

fuzzy3d and Niter88 like this.
  3. ChescoRed

ChescoRed

Hello @DevDunk , thanks for the quick response, I have followed your work on App Space Warp and I have used your repository with identical results. I will observe the profile to see if I get something clear, a hug and I will continue commenting.

(I'm beginning to suspect that it may be some kind of problem with the viewer...)

DevDunk likes this.
  4. ChescoRed

ChescoRed

DevDunk likes this.