Search Unity

Mess with HDRP SSR

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Higaran, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Higaran

Higaran

Hi everyone!
    What I came with is some creepy behavior with mirror-like road and SSR reflections on it.
    I do know about reflection probes, but the point is - I want to know how to setup SSR in HDRP properly, and there is certainly something wrong about my settings.
    Here are the screenshots
    Without reflections and with SSR enabled (notice fractured and long reflections, especially the blue cube) Снимок экрана 2020-01-08 в 01.53.14.png Снимок экрана 2020-01-08 в 01.53.43.png Снимок экрана 2020-01-08 в 01.54.00.png
    Has anyone encountered this and/or knows where I have messed it all up?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Crystalline

Crystalline

Yes, i also have these issues.

"HDRP is now VERIFIED"

Yeah. Right. SSR looks horrible even with the default settings. The one in the built in pipeline is hundreds times superior in quality and its not even part of the "HD" thingy.

This one has much less customization , does not work right with certain shine settings on materials. Overall a downgrade from the built in , years old ssr.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    id0 likes this.
  3. Olmi

Olmi

@Higaran and @Crystalline have you tried adjusting Screen Space Reflection settings with the post-processing override? (Quality and Max Ray Steps etc.)

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  4. huzhangyang

huzhangyang

Same here. And no, AFAIK non of the quality setting, HDRP setting or volume setting works.