Search Unity

Meshes disappear when placed on big terrain!

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by florianalexandru05, Jan 18, 2019.

1. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

So now I'm having this problem...! I have a 800x800 size map and after placing a bigger amount of stuff on my map sometimes when I place a mesh it disappears or it only shows up as half. It kinda looks like I'm out of memory as the objects are definitely there and show up when I hit play. Perhaps I spammed my map too much? Does anyone else have these issues? I'm using Unit5 to make the map for specific reasons.

This is my map but I have not talked about it on my thread yet:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/roc...development-thread.381438/page-4#post-4110502

2. Have tried to set the Camera's Clipping Planes/Far setting?

3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

If you've baked occlusion then change things later, the occlusion will be out of date and things will mysteriously appear, disappear and so on. Is this the problem?

If you refer only to the Unity viewport, and it's not this, you can try clicking the ground and pressing F with the mouse over the scene view to re-calibrate the scene view camera.

Concepts like "did I spam my map too much" and "it's acting like it's out of memory" are not problems you get with Unity. Or anything like this. You will know when you hit those issues with Unity crashing hard.

4. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Would that affect the editor view? This bug only happens in the editor view when I want to please more meshes.
    Oh, ok, I will try that tomorrow! Sounds like a plan. Yes it's I'm talking about the viewport. To be really honest I'm concerned some people with old computers won't be able to open my map. :eek::p But perhaps I'm worried for nothing. I remember when I had a really old one and tried to open the "Viking Village" and it crashed. I have a good I5 now but not to great videocard.

5. Yes, the scene view is a camera. It has both clipping planes. Hitting the F key will focus the camera it can help as @hippocoder suggested.
    Switching to ISO and back to Perspective mode also helps sometimes.