Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Meshes disappear on android ( and editor )

Discussion in 'Android' started by Shonen, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Shonen

Shonen

Hi, I have noticed an issue recently where all meshes in game disappear on Android.

This also happens in the editor if I switch to the android platform. I noticed this recently when trying to improve performance, a long time back we had added a bunch of image effects, and have been removing them little by little. When the last one was removed from the camera my meshes started disappearing.

If I add the image effect back ( SSAO in this case, but can be Noise and Grain or Vignette, doesn't really matter ) the meshes are rendered.

The shader used on my objects is the standard unity shader.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Shonen

Shonen

Ok so it seems if I set Edit->Graphics Emulation->No Emulation the problem disappears in the editor, meshes are rendered with or without any image effects. which seems to indicate some incompatibility.
    I cannot reproduce the problem in a new project.

I am guessing something somewhere is causing this problem, but for the life of me I cannot figure out where it is coming from. The android device I am testing with is a Nexus 5.
    I have checked my light, my mesh, my camera and cannot see anything out of the ordinary.