Search Unity

Meshes broken after export

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Simunek, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Simunek

Simunek

[SOLVED] The motorbikes were in resources folder, and they were bigger then 4GB. This behavior is also a bug (I think) but the solution is simply to move motorbikes out of the resources folder to assets folder.

[UPDATE] No folder shoud be bigger that 4 GB, you just need to split them.

[UPDATE 2] You have to remove it from resources into separate folder... some motorbikes were still crashing the game upon being rendered. I fixed it ty turning on compression.

Hello,

I am making motorbike game, I instatiate a motorbike in a garage: in editor it works fine (every time I change a vehicle a instantiate a new one). On my old laptom it worked, but a week ago I had to switch laptops and it had broken meshes in export (just switch only). The rest of the game is fine. I am using Unity collab.

I have tried to change shaders, refresh and reimport folder with models. I think that the problem is that the reference in mesh filter unasigns the mesh.

Editor
    UnityEditor.PNG
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/11SRe3qOmkCyuheAnMBIVFHo1bcWfses2/view?usp=sharing

Build
    UnityExport.PNG
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RWhiB5xTaQ0j3exCY5SRZ64nJrRWS0Ri/view?usp=sharing

Do you have any idea how to fixt it? :/

Thanks a lot!

Petr

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Simunek likes this.
  3. Simunek

Simunek

Hi, I have just solved the problem, the motorbikes were in resources folder, and they were bigger then 4GB. This behavior is also a bug (I think) but the solution is simply to move motorbikes out of the resources folder to assets folder.

4. Simunek

Simunek

UPDATE: No folder shoud be bigger that 4 GB, you just need to split them.

5. Simunek

Simunek

Update 2: You have to remove it from resources into separate folder... some motorbikes were still crashing the game upon being rendered. I fixed it ty turning on compression.

6. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the updates, @Simunek - happy to hear you were able to get this sorted.